Adding free perks to insurance policies

I've seen perks used or I've used some myself to sell policies

• Yes

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Must be a way to do it legally. It's just a non-insurance related add on sale I guess.

But a smart agent could make a fortune creating an ashtray/cigarette holder that snapped on to a respirator with his own agency branding on it. He could give them to everyone he meets as advertising.
Technically, a person can buy the casket plan without buying the insurance so it is not an inducement. It also requires the payment by the client to obtain it so it is not a rebate because you are not giving it to them in return for buying the insurance..

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was thinking. Must be a way to do it legally. It's just a non-insurance related add on sale I guess.

But a smart agent could make a fortune creating an ashtray/cigarette holder that snapped on to a respirator with his own agency branding on it. He could give them to everyone he meets as advertising.

You are hopeless! Totally irrepressible. I believe your third business change is going to be to one of those advertising promotion gimmick businesses! :laugh:

You are hopeless! Totally irrepressible. I believe your third business change is going to be to one of those advertising promotion gimmick businesses! :laugh:

Maybe so. What were my 1st and 2nd business change? I missed them.

Motorcycle
Insurance

:laugh: (At least that is what I have inferred from past posts.)

( I think they call it something like being in the flow when you don't really notice what you are doing.)

I stopped reading after page 4..... All this stuff depends on permission from the carrier to do. You are attaching things to their product and creating a liability problem for them.

I would bet 99.9% of the companies out there would drop you like a hot rock if you are attempting to add "perks" to their policies. They may not know right away, but my bet is there is language that deals with this in the agents contract.

I am sure the OP thinks nobody ever thought of this before.. my guess is they have and have had it shut down.

I stopped reading after page 4..... All this stuff depends on permission from the carrier to do. You are attaching things to their product and creating a liability problem for them.

I would bet 99.9% of the companies out there would drop you like a hot rock if you are attempting to add "perks" to their policies. They may not know right away, but my bet is there is language that deals with this in the agents contract.

I am sure the OP thinks nobody ever thought of this before.. my guess is they have and have had it shut down.

While I am in no position to judge based on professional experience, just from living, I like the overall concept of your post and particularly enjoy the last sentence of it.

Y'all remind me of this scene in The Truman Show:

I absolutely do not have an insurance license,

Here's a crazy idea: Get yourself an insurance license, get familiar with insurance laws, regulations, and compliance... and THEN... you *just might* have more applicable ways to bring ingenuity and ideas while lowering one's professional liability.

Back