Advertising Insurance On Craigslist

Re: Craigslist

Funny you post that. I was just thinking about that prior to seeing this post. I guess it can't hurt to try (other then all the spam), but what's the odds people are searching a keyword such as "insurance" on craigslist.

For selling FE it is useless as I placed several different FE ads in several different locations/headings of Craigs List and got 1 call. She had to think about it situation.

For hiring FE agents the caliber is kinda weak.

Craig's List is a good place to sell a car but I doubt it with insurance but the price is right for advertising so why not.

Last edited:
I put up several ads for commercial insurance in MA and NH.
Tried to specialize it towards markets like contractors, landscapers, etc.
After several months...besides a ton of spam to the blind email....I got 1 call from a contractor who was trying to insure his tools that had been stolen a month before.

I don't know if this ties in or not but I've been selling several cars lately. The used cars that have been in the higher price range ($21,000 and $28,000) got no calls off Craigs List but sold well on eBay.

When I listed a car for $7,000 I got a million calls from Craigs List and sold it in 1 day.

It seems like Craigs List is attracting lower end buyers at least in my limited experience.

I haven't advertised on CL for insurance, but have sold other things on there. Lots of call volume and response, but also a lot of spam to put up with. Let us know if it works for insurance.

Back