Advertising Insurance On Craigslist

Newspaper ads seem kinda high to me. 1"x1" $125 per month. I would think one big ad would be more productive than many ads you need a magnifying glass to see. I tried a trial ad in the free newspapers you pick up in fast food places, no response.

Depends on what it is, but most likely a dealer, but perhaps I should clarify. About a year ago I was looking for a Chevelle and Craigslist seemed like the most appropriate place to look for it, but on newer cars in that price range I would definitely go to a dealer.

I am just wondering why anyone would LOOK for a Chevelle. Those are only a notch removed above the Yugos. :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don't know if this ties in or not but I've been selling several cars lately. The used cars that have been in the higher price range ($21,000 and $28,000) got no calls off Craigs List but sold well on eBay.

When I listed a car for $7,000 I got a million calls from Craigs List and sold it in 1 day.

It seems like Craigs List is attracting lower end buyers at least in my limited experience.

Newby, Ebay is the place to sell higher priced vehicles. Had any problem with non-paying bidders? Where are you securing your inventory?

Last edited:
when it comes to craigslist, it's all about how you set up your ad and where on CL you place your ad.

I ran 2 craigslist campaigns. the first try got about the same results as people here.... more spam than customers.

on the 2nd try, I hid my phone # and email address from the ad and simply had a link pointing to a quote form landing page. I also placed my ads in more specific locations, auto,motorcycle and boat insurance went into the automotive,cycle,and marine services respectively (before, I was placing them where general insurance ads would go).... bingo!

those 2 changes made all the difference. the results aren't great, but I do get about 1 sale per week from CL. not bad for free advertising that only takes 10 min per day to keep the ads fresh.

I would like to thank you BlockO. I have been posting on craigslist for the past year in a half, and got a couple of sales here and there posting in the financial services section..But decided to post in different areas like you said, and got a health sale today after re-posting ad..

I am just wondering why anyone would LOOK for a Chevelle. Those are only a notch removed above the Yugos. :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Newby, Ebay is the place to sell higher priced vehicles. Had any problem with non-paying bidders? Where are you securing your inventory?

I've bought and sold a LOT of vehicles on eBay. Never had any problem. I've bought and sold thousands of motorcycles in my time though so I have a pretty good BS detector.

elitemind,
that's awesome! glad I could help you. and yes, the financial services section was originally where I placed my ad to no avail. placing them in more specific locations helps a lot.

another thing I would suggest is to go beyond your geographic location by placing ads in every CL city listed in your state (if you're licensed there,you might as well sell there too!). Many agents only market locally, listing their city as the location. I list the state as my location.

I would like to thank you BlockO. I have been posting on craigslist for the past year in a half, and got a couple of sales here and there posting in the financial services section..But decided to post in different areas like you said, and got a health sale today after re-posting ad..

He was talking about putting P&C in their specific services sections: "auto,motorcycle and boat insurance went into the automotive,cycle,and marine services respectively."

So where did you put ads for health insurance that won't get you flagged?

when it comes to craigslist, it's all about how you set up your ad and where on CL you place your ad.

I ran 2 craigslist campaigns. the first try got about the same results as people here.... more spam than customers.

on the 2nd try, I hid my phone # and email address from the ad and simply had a link pointing to a quote form landing page. I also placed my ads in more specific locations, auto,motorcycle and boat insurance went into the automotive,cycle,and marine services respectively (before, I was placing them where general insurance ads would go).... bingo!

those 2 changes made all the difference. the results aren't great, but I do get about 1 sale per week from CL. not bad for free advertising that only takes 10 min per day to keep the ads fresh.

Hey blocko can you email me at [email protected] I would like you to help me create a craigslist ad for life insurance please.

Hi elite mind can you please help me with my craigslist add email me at [email protected]. Thank you.

----------

Hi blocko can you please help me with my craigslist add? email me at [email protected] I would greatly appreciate it

Latest posts

Back