Advertising Question

scottstreet

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been going through my spam folder and unsubscribing to just about everything. anyhow, I came across an ad sent by Fidelity Life. The ads headline is "save 70% on term life ins." and a click brings you to thier quote box. I'm thinking 70 off what? a company, a product etc Is this a legitimate way to advertise?

2 methods of advertising....be specific and get fewer people but they know exactly what you are offering (high quality/low count) or be vague with teasers and get more people but they aren't sure of what you are offering (low quality/high count). Every producer has their own preference.

I'll bet that its not even Fidelity Life that sent that email.

It's a common practice among affiliate marketers to use these tactics as they're paid on a per lead basis and are not the end user of the lead.

I'll bet that its not even Fidelity Life that sent that email.

It's a common practice among affiliate marketers to use these tactics as they're paid on a per lead basis and are not the end user of the lead.

In my opinion, it's false advertisement and they are definitely not going to save you 70% off of the other carriers and are going to actually be more expensive. I have their contract and rarely am i competitive with that product. I think Anico is one of the best priced terms now.....

In my opinion, it's false advertisement and they are definitely not going to save you 70% off of the other carriers and are going to actually be more expensive. I have their contract and rarely am i competitive with that product. I think Anico is one of the best priced terms now.....

I agree that it's false advertisement. Fidelity isn't the only one doing it though. All the lead vendors use this tactic because it converts. High volume call centers use it too.

ANICO is the best priced non-med term now. Competitive with fully underwritten sometimes.

Yes, they're just trying to drive traffic. I received an interesting email via linked in the other day where the subject line read "re: blah blah blah" like it was a response to something I emailed. I didn't recognize the person, but I still clicked on it.

Back