Advice for Selling in California

I've been reviewing the Healthnet plans and the rates look really good on the quote I just ran. Almost to good. What am I missing?

I've been reviewing the Healthnet plans and the rates look really good on the quote I just ran. Almost to good. What am I missing?

Health Net has good rates, most plans are non-maternity which helps. Underwriting is tough so those good rates tend to be for those in excellent health. Just make sure to look at the benefits on the plans and see where there are things not covered that are causing that price to be lower.

I like Health Net, the HMO 40 plan is extremely competitive, especially in the 45+ age groups and they have solid HMO and PPO networks.

Dave
www.davefluker.com

In my area (silicon valley) health net rates are pretty decent, but underwriting is tough. If your healthy, no pregnancy planned, it's a decent way to go. As I understand it though, Health Net rates are not as great throughout the state, though I only focus on my neck of the woods.

The only real catch is getting it through underwriting. They want healthier people. If its questionable, start elsewhere.

Dan

I have found that you can use underwriting like this in CA:

Blue Cross (easiest on most things) if they say no so will all others
Blue Shield (a bit stricter on some things, flexible on others like infertility history)
Health Net (tougher, hard on things like GERD, Infertility treatments)
Kaiser (tough, prefer low or no risk cases only)

Dave

Back