Advice for the Newbies

Cikgunaz

Some of us (the new agent especially) might found that to start being an insurance agent as somewhat painful because they need to understand the fundamental of sales-based business.

Insurance is one of the sales-based businesses available and one of the longest ever exist in this world. Basically, as a fresh agent, you not only need to master the skills of presentation, but you also need to know the basic things about the products offered.

Apart from that, the biggest thing of being an insurance agent is you have to make a lot of activities (presentations), so that it would help you to sharpen your presentation skills as well as to create a sturdy confidence while doing the presentation. Handling over the objections and many weird questions from the potential clients could be an easy job to do when there are a lot of activities done; as you gain confidence and become more skillful.

Basically, the classes that you attend would not provide you all of the things during the training session. What important now is that you go out and see more people and you can't believe that in one or two days you already gain the momentum of doing it again and again--and much more better day by day.

Educate people why they need insurance. See yourself as a consultant rather than as a salesperson. This is what Brian Tracy is telling us from his book. So do it at the very best honor to help people to create a sustainable protection for themselves.

Good luck everyone!

Regards,
Nazmier Amzar,
Quality Agent,
Prudential BSN Takaful,
Malaysia.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from Malaysia, although I didn't find your post to be anything but a rehash of old stuff.

Welcome to the forum from Malaysia, although I didn't find your post to be anything but a rehash of old stuff.

Thank you for the warm welcome, xrac. :) Anyway a rehash can be useful at times, especially for a newbie like me. Newbie needs constant guidance so that they won't slip off and always be in the track.

Most of the newbies may found that the challenges in the business is somewhat unbearable unless they know what kind of role they have to take and what this business is really all about.

Back