Advice on career direction

I should have cleared up what I meant. there is a lot of really highly rated companies on comdex, moody's, etc... But out of all of the financially secure companies for life insurance on that list, State Farm seems to offer the worst product structures for someone looking for living benefits. They also just have extremely expensive death benefits (hence their financial solidarity lol) Hope that makes more sense. There are definitely lots of worse companies, but after being able to see how little State Farm life insurance policies accomplish, I feel the duty of letting people know there are far better options out there.

PS I have a Greek God Tan and I get out quite a bit :D

Sure, but they insure millions of people that would never have a chance to buy from other agents as no one is calling them.

Lol, I got a lot of sun this year too

I have literally told dozens of family members & clients to keep their State Farm WL policies.
SF is the only PC company nationally that is in the top 10 or so writers of life insurance. The other 9 are life only companies. Do we all criticize these life only carriers that they have Mediocre or no PC coverages.

I just think it is a dumb argument. Protection is better than none & too many of our population has none or only group at work because most agents life only either elephant hint the big high income cases or work the senior market for burial policies. Very few in our industry are working the 250 million other citizens between those 2 extremes.

Valid point...most SF clients don't even know about SF life, annuity and other products. This may be an advantage because I could always pivot Life to clients I've sold Auto and home to due to the existing relationships I've formed. Being that they trust you,, they will probably buy.. Although I love State Farm, I would still like to be in a position to offer options and feel stiffled in that regards. I love doing social media marketing but can't even do that with SF. Do you work for Allstate?

Last edited:
Valid point...most SF clients don't even know about SF life, annuity and other products. This may be an advantage because I could always pivot Life to clients I've sold Auto and home to due to the existing relationships I've formed. Being that they trust you,, they will probably buy.. Although I love State Farm, I would still like to be in a position to offer options and feel stiffled in that regards. I love doing social media marketing but can't even do that with SF. Do you work for Allstate?

No, not Allstate. Plus, Allstate sold their life company last year to a hedge fund & gave their annuity company away to get those off their books. Allstate (ALL) on Track to Shed Its Life and Annuity Business

I work for a single state multiline company. I work almost entirely with our advanced life cases for our business/farm & high net worth/high income clients

Back