Advice on Farm Bureau (MN) Opportunity Compensation

I'm new to insurance. Educated in Finance and have been working in EMS. I've been offered a farm bureau job am reluctant to take it. I kind of want to just keep my full time job and drudge through superior access with my own natural market. FB location would be 15 miles from my hometown of 2,000 as theirs a new agent in our town. Neighboring city is probably 10,000+.

Basically they are paying on a ghost policy renewal. You have to sell (and keep_ at least 4 P&C Households with $8,000 annual premium each month. If you can do that the commissions start at $4,351.00 the first month and evenly escalate up to $5,511.00 in the 12th month. Rates go from 9.5% on up to 13% if you sell the 4 policies monthly. They hit 14% if you can do 5 policies monthly.

The kicker: By the end of month 6, you need $7,000 in life production. You have to hit $21,000 in life production by the end of month 12. It continues to escalate in a linear fashion up to $34,500 required production after 5 years.

Is this a realistic formula for success for a new agent with no experience?

This all depends, who pays for your leads, lease/rent, office materials, fax machines, internet and phone services, etc?

If you want to keep your full time job then keep it and just find a part time situation that fits.

This all depends, who pays for your leads, lease/rent, office materials, fax machines, internet and phone services, etc?

Cold leads are free. They give you a set amount of warm and hot leads for your area. You can buy for other areas. I'd pay rent which averages $200/month up here. I can choose to share an office with another new agent if I want and split the costs. I pay all office, fax, internet, etc..

Basically if I can have a rolling average of 4 P&C accounts (not policies) per month, I'm good there. Also, If I can sell $7,000 in life premiums by the end of month six and progress from there, I'm good there. That would result in gross pay of about $72,000.

Back