Advice on Office Issues

I don't understand the "boss". When she asked for extra time during lunch to have lunch with her family across town, I would have said, "Which is more important.. lunch or your job?.. Next!"

Not every agent or salesperson is cut out to be in management/leadership over others.

I don't understand the "boss". When she asked for extra time during lunch to have lunch with her family across town, I would have said, "Which is more important.. lunch or your job?.. Next!"

This sounds like the classic case of he promised the world only to change the deal after she starts and quits her job, Maybe he could sense she could be pushed around or thought he could make her into the position he wanted filled.

Sound like a place with high turnover, And he doesn't care, He would be the first unfortunately

Not every agent or salesperson is cut out to be in management/leadership over others.

True,, But I certainly wouldn't hire a person who comes in for the job interview with that type of focus.... In fact if they came in and thier questions focus on how many days they get for vacation, holidays, sick pay, etc. they are going to be standing outside the door pretty doggone fast.. I want someone that si more interested in what the job consists off and how they can offer value to the company instead being focused on time off.

True,, But I certainly wouldn't hire a person who comes in for the job interview with that type of focus.... In fact if they came in and thier questions focus on how many days they get for vacation, holidays, sick pay, etc. they are going to be standing outside the door pretty doggone fast.. I want someone that si more interested in what the job consists off and how they can offer value to the company instead being focused on time off.

That because your office,Products,service & foundation is solid, When a company is not based on good products and service, They are not looking for quality or longevity,They are just looking for employees that can be manipulated to fill seats and keep the revolving door moving

Before going independent, I worked for a brokerage the started good but after a couple years and obamacare approaching they switched gears to selling worthless indemnity plans as Maj med, Because they made a good rip on it. Many of the agent like myself had resided taken in effort to push us to sell these product, and they began hiring off craigslist, After I left I went to a couple sales jobs and same thing they prayed on the craigslist type with big empty promises only to use fear on the generally unhirable.

Good companies don't do this but bad companies that don't have anything worthwhile to offer thrive on it

Last edited:
You arent an FE agent so you dont count when it comes to mentioning FE :D

True. I tried running FE leads...but those just aren't "my people". I'll just sell FE as a cross sell off Med Supps. It's a nice mix. Not as much cat piss, crap on the floor and not near as many bugs!:laugh:

I do prefer the FE Forum though...much more entertainment.

True. I tried running FE leads...but those just aren't "my people". I'll just sell FE as a cross sell off Med Supps. It's a nice mix. Not as much cat piss, crap on the floor and not near as many bugs!:laugh:

I do prefer the FE Forum though...much more entertainment.

Ive never encountered crap on the floor, but I did have a dog try to piss on my shoe once at a clients house! I guess that story is mild compared to the ones in the FE forum though.

I think that Med Supps probably give the most opportunity for cross sells. You can cross sell FE/nonFE Life/LTCI/Annuities/Dental/Vision. I would think that you could easily have multiple products on half of your MS clients if an agent actively tried. At that age they need literally everything.

Ive never encountered crap on the floor, but I did have a dog try to piss on my shoe once at a clients house! I guess that story is mild compared to the ones in the FE forum though.

I think that Med Supps probably give the most opportunity for cross sells. You can cross sell FE/nonFE Life/LTCI/Annuities/Dental/Vision. I would think that you could easily have multiple products on half of your MS clients if an agent actively tried. At that age they need literally everything.

You are correct. Med Supps gets you in the door and they're a good lead in to the rest. It's surprizing how many seniors don't have any life insurance.

Latest posts

Back