Advice Por Favor

As a local religious leader myself, I will say that your motives will be 'sniffed out' if your heart really isn't in it.

Joining groups that you would not have joined without the prospect of business... reeks of "commission breath". It's foul and I don't recommend that as a way of building business.

They haven't sniffed out Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton ......maybe he could go join their church.

Por Favor? So you are bilingual? If so I'd have a big sign out front saying... se hablo espanialo (or whatever it is). I'd sell auto insurance to that market as well as everything else I could sell....Life, health, dental, etc.

Be the "to go to" guy for all hispanic speaking people in your area.

If your not bilingual we'll talk about step #2 next!

----------

Don't join any group that cost money such as BNI, Rotary, etc, etc. Starting out. Go join the biggest church in your area and volunteer your time.....If the biggest church in your area isn't your denomination....go join anyway until you get a big book of business!
Very poor advice.. Most church members will soon pick up on the fact an agent is there just to sell business. Plus if the agent is a religious person and sincere in his beleives, he or she will soon feel guilty over thier trying to decieve people.

Sell something YOU yourself would want to have, or have it so you're explaining it in a way YOU would want to hear it. Empathy is key. The more sincere and real it feels, the better.

I think it's great that your open to social media as well. As previously mentioned, start a blog. A blog is the best way to drive traffic to your website and up your SEO. You should also make sure you're on LinkedIn and partaking in group discussions. You can post your own blog posts and group questions, while at the same time learning from others in your profession.

A lot of agents, consumers and companies utilize twitter as well. Even if you don't have a large following yourself, you can follow companies and websites like LifeHealthPro for great articles and information. There's always something to be learned from others in the industry!

AgentWillN,

I think your title topic should have been "How to drive more traffic" than your current title. This way you can get better targeted feedback from members.

1. Start a referral program. Send out some type of gift card for each referral. Put the referral paper on your desk standing up.

2. Email current clients a monthly newsletter to stay in touch about current events, what your agency is up to or any important content related to insurance. This way you can have more contact with you current clients which are limited so far.

3. Join BNI (as mentioned above). This is a group of working professionals who help refer clients to one another and meet up occasionally.

4. Network with others in the industry, such as mortgage loan officers, realtors, etc.

5. Create a website for your agency and drive traffic to it.

6. Sign up for a lead generating website such as Netquote (or any other).

7. Read books and articles on marketing and how to drive traffic your way.

8. Have a business card with you where ever you go and network on your daily route.

Best,

Back