AEP - Hows Everyone Doing This Year

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
With less than 30 days to go, just wondered how everyone's AEP is going. I've been working 7 days a week most weeks for the last couple of months, those prescription drug plans are killing me. I know alot of you aren't doing those anymore, but I'm trying to help my clients..i should say keep them by helping them

I've been doing awesome. Working 14 hr days to keep up with paperwork. Wrote 21 apps this week, including 4 FE and an annuity off referrals. Made some big $$, just under 10k this wk so far.

For those taking advantage of the AEP, I am typically using United of Omaha plan N. For those that need advantage (under 65 or can't afford Med Supp) I'm using Blue Cross of TN, and Humana as a last resort.

Best PDP solution for those that don't have complicated
RX lists? (for those you have to use medicare.gov- sigh)

CVS SilverScript referral program. Get paid a nice fee and don't have to certify or do paperwork. They call in and enroll over the phone, and YOU get paid. Todd King set me up with the contracting.

I've seen zero people come up with Sliverscripts as the best plan for them via medicare.gov.

We've picked up several new clients as expected.

been busy in Pa. we write mostly MA and Med Supp. We sold about 25 Aetna MA HMO's last AEP and it sucks we cant write for them this AEP due to the sanction. The local Blue Cross provider doesnt allow Brokers/Agents to sell thier medicare products so it really narrows the choices. We've decided to market outside the Phila area and so for so good.

Best Wishes to all

This is my first AEP. November exceeded my expectations, extremely busy, but all of the sudden, my appointments have dried up. My pipeline for December is very thin. Is this "normal" or just me? Thoughts about how to jumpstart the next few weeks?

I agree with gordon, I rarely see the CVS plan as the cheapest on the comparisons I've run and I've run upwards of 200 comparisons for my clients.

Putting someone in a plan because it's easy isn't doing the client any favors. By doing it that way, the only person you are helping is yourself. You'd be better off just telling them to go to the pharmacy and having them run the comparisons. Actually, the client would be better off if you told them to do it that way.

I'd love to come across those clients whom you've told just to call to get enrolled so you can make your $45. Once I show them a comparison and they see the CVS plan isn't anywhere close to the cheapest and explain why you did it that way, you'd likely be losing the Med Supp business and any other business you've written in the house. If you can't do what's right by the client, then get out of the business.

Best PDP solution for those that don't have complicated
RX lists? (for those you have to use medicare.gov- sigh)

CVS SilverScript referral program. Get paid a nice fee and don't have to certify or do paperwork. They call in and enroll over the phone, and YOU get paid. Todd King set me up with the contracting.

Not one and I mean not one person has come by the UHC booth at the Walgreens Iam at. No one has left a lead card in the drop box. It might just be because I have been set up in front of the cosmetic counter hidden by shirts and jackets. What a waste of time. Manager will not let me move.

Not one and I mean not one person has come by the UHC booth at the Walgreens Iam at. No one has left a lead card in the drop box. It might just be because I have been set up in front of the cosmetic counter hidden by shirts and jackets. What a waste of time. Manager will not let me move.
Either you move to a significantly better location in the store, or get the hell out of there. You are doing the store a favor by being there. Your time is far too valuable to waste there.

Back