AETNA BEING HELPFUL TELESALING YOUR CLIENTS.

And then I get this email today from a presumed "happy" MAPD client who survived cancer by having to pay cash. Straight from the horses mouth, not from an article:
----------------------------------------------
"Hello, One of my good friends got roped into a medicare advantage. She had cancer treatment ending in April, 2021. Is there any way for her to get Medicare with supplement? What a racket if one cannot switch! "

Me: "What issues did she have with her Advantage plan?"

Response: "Medicare advantage is awful and covered so little she ended up paying for meds and even any doctors and treatments"

And then I get this email today from a presumed "happy" MAPD client who survived cancer by having to pay cash. Straight from the horses mouth, not from an article:
"Hello, One of my good friends got roped into a medicare advantage. She had cancer treatment ending in April, 2021. Is there any way for her to get Medicare with supplement? What a racket if one cannot switch! "

Response: "Medicare advantage is awful and covered so little she ended up paying for meds and even any doctors and treatments"

Well that’s it, starting tomorrow I’m switching them all to Med Sups. Person probably had to pay 325.00 for a CT scan or something. They forgot they haven’t paid a premium for how many years.

Oh, so you know how to underwrite apps now?

Well I’m gonna learn. Done with MA’s now that 1 person had a copay on their cancer treatment. Unacceptable. I think I just read the 14 questions and then check whatever they answer and then list their 14 prescriptions and then wait 10-14 days for an answer. Am I close? Then I need to write then a PDP if they are accepted and that should kick them off their evil MAPD. How the hell am I gonna do 750 of them in 7 weeks though?

MAs are A LOT more work from my perspective. I only have about 20 Med Supps that I’ve done very little for until recently.
MAs are constantly introducing new

Could we PLEASE get back on topic about how much Aetna MAPD SUCKS! !

Med supp clients are a lot more work.
I’m running 15 appts a day right now and 80% of them are Supp clients, running their meds.
Nearly all of my MAPD clients just email me that they like their plan and are keeping it.

Here it goes again.

Some of us agents believe that mangled care is not what's in our clients best interests. I won't sell it regardless of the freebies.

And I'm sure a book of 800 med supps is more then a car salesman makes with less time spent.

The 31st ammendment allows indy agents to choose their biz model. I love my med supp and ACA model

"Better watch out the MAPD train will run you over"

Gus charges at people that don't let people run their business their way.

image000000.jpg

Well that's how MAPD works. You pay at point of care and not upfront. Does this other person not realize their care isn't free as well?

I'm not their agent, so I don't know who educated them on the MAPD details. It's just another reason for med supps, for those on a budget, a med supp provides consistency in their monthly outlays, with no surprises, so they can plan accordingly. Those on free mapd, may not have the resources or savings for the OOP costs when the "time" comes.

Back