Aetna Bonus Program for 2011

Forget it. I want to earn mOney now to pay my bills, not 60+ days afterwards. I am done with health insurance sales.

BMobini, your sentiments are being echoed across the country. Agent-initiated individual health sales are are starting to plummet at most carriers. But you know what? In my opinion, the biggest high-profile companies really don't care, because they'll make it up in online sales using their salaried home-office employees, or some contracted call-center acting as facilitators...interfacing with the customer to get the application completed properly.
-ac

make it up in online sales using their salaried home-office employees, or some contracted call-center acting as facilitators...interfacing with the customer to get the application completed properly.

LOL!!

No, they won't make it up.

No, they won't accomplish that feat at a lower cost.

Yes, they will experience a higher not taken rate, higher declination rate and higher lapse ratio.

No, they don't get the application completed properly in most cases since all they do is send a link and wish them well.

But so what? That is their reward for being so foolish and climbing in bed with DC.

All I can tell you is bonus systems have a very minimal effect on new agents.

1) New agents need cash flow, which quarterly bonus programs don't solve.

2) New agents don't know how well they're going to do. It's a huge gamble to start out at 4% and guess they'll end up with 13% if they can jump through all the hoops.

The 2011 system carriers are using succeed in rewarding current proven brokers. Aetna did just fine a as a company before they got into the individual market in 2003. They'll do just fine in 2011 and on. My feeling is their biding their time until 2014.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So...where do you fit in?

Based on your recent production, your initial broker commission level for 2011 is (fill in the blank) . This initial commission level applies to policies with January 1, 2011 effective dates and forward. Promotions will be done weekly on a rolling 12 month look back period.
[/FONT]

Back