Aetna just reported a disastrous Medicare qtr. Interested to see there 2025 plans

Yagents said:

I listened to EHTH conf call.

Who/what is EHTH?
EHealth.com buddy
One of the biggest in industry, and publicly traded stock.
Tomorrow is GoHealth's earnings call early AM.
The earnings calls provide insight as they have to disclose what they know.
One of the tricks of the trade if attempting to be a student of the industry.

Actually the last 5 days I’m up 6 figs day trading . Monday was a monster day for me buying NVDA and the Nasdaq 100 futures on the panic open .Just dumped the rest of my positions today . Waiting for more panic to buy for trades . Vix hit 65 Monday panic rarely seen
Have to agree with donny boy. The historic VIX spike is not over, there will be ripple effects, could call it a black swan event, and a precursor of things to come. C'mon man, 12% drop in japan, then followed by 10% gain. Something's going on with Big $$. Many lost their A**. Markets up big past 2 days, but giving up most of gains by end of day. Money to be made with this volatility

Have to agree with donny boy. The historic VIX spike is not over, there will be ripple effects, could call it a black swan event, and a precursor of things to come. C'mon man, 12% drop in japan, then followed by 10% gain. Something's going on with Big $$. Many lost their A**. Markets up big past 2 days, but giving up most of gains by end of day. Money to be made with this volatility
The reason for the Big Japan drop the other day is because traders were making billions on the yen carry trade . Then Bank of Janpan suprised by raising rates and the yen skied trapping 100’s of thousands of traders meaning leaning the wrong way and heavily leveraged . It unwound .Us mkt did full reversal today . Everyone waiting with nervousness for Iran to strike Israel

That could be next . All i know is today was basically straight down the last 4 hrs with very few bounces . Easy short day . Let’s get back to Aetna’s mapd earnings . Exact words in conference call “ Some of the medical pressure claims was Due to dental benefits. That could continue the rest of the yr. NEXT YR YOU WON’T SEE THE LOSES FROM DENTAL” . Code for were cutting the shit out of our dental . What do they expect when their dental was far more than most company’s and they covered implants when few other CO’s did . I got a feeling devoted has some big loses there hiding as a private company .

I listened to EHTH conf call. They and others are requesting CMS extend MC AEP another 5 days due to a "perfect storm" of a calendar, and all the major changes in MAPD and PDP this year. Due to the election distraction from Oct 15th - to Nov 5th, Thanksgiving falling late on Nov 28th, the last day of AEP Dec 7th falling on a Saturday, and all the MC changes.......no response yet from CMS.

They are focusing on retention, and expect a lot of MAPD movement = opportunity.

Why does everyone give this guy a hard time, hahaha? He cracks me up! Bro is the most confident cash machine I've ever seen.
Not everyone does.

He's one of a half a dozen guys on here that has given me solid info....and one I've listened to and made more bc I did listen than if I wouldn't have...

just sayin

I think there is a reasonable case to be made for this, widening the enrollment window. In addition to the changes, it is worth pointing out that there are far more people on medicare now, than there were 10 years ago. The baby boomer population was feeding medicare enrollments at an increasing rate each year until recently. As a result, you have more people needing help, within the same window of time.

Yeah yeah . Ehealth and go health both stocks got blasted on earnings . Matter of fact go health was down 35% at one time . What find fascinating is both CO’s showed “ plans written “ during the qtr . Neither showed plans “placed “ . Reason being it would be ugly . I read 20% of call center plans written never make it to active . That’s because agents like me see our flipped client and cancel the call center pending app before it goes active . Also no public center ever publicly shows 12 month persistency . Of all plans written in Jan , feb , March etc how many tracking each 12 month window are on the books in 12 months . I bet it less than 50% . Also everyone’s talking “ opportunity “ . Nobody’s talking about how their own book could be ripped to pieces . The real action and disaster will be oep . If a call center calls a client with $0 copays and says “ miss Jones next yr that’s going to be $40 . I can get you $20 “ . There not going to believe them and won’t move . When plans used in 25 that’s when the real opportunity to move people

Last edited:
Yeah yeah . Ehealth and go health both stocks got blasted on earnings . Matter of fact go health was down 35% at one time . What find fascinating is both CO’s showed “ plans written “ during the qtr . Neither showed plans “placed “ . Reason being it would be ugly . I read 20% of call center plans written never make it to active . That’s because agents like me see our flipped client and cancel the call center pending app before it goes active . Also no public center ever publicly shows 12 month persistency . Of all plans written in Jan , feb , March etc how many tracking each 12 month window are on the books in 12 months . I bet it less than 50% . Also everyone’s talking “ opportunity “ . Nobody’s talking about how their own book could be ripped to pieces . The real action and disaster will be oep . If a call center calls a client with $0 copays and says “ miss Jones next yr that’s going to be $40 . I can get you $20 “ . There not going to believe them and won’t move . When plans used in 25 that’s when the real opportunity to move people
I posted what I heard and read to give everyone a heads up on possibility of extended aep.

I didn't need your rant

Back