Aetna just reported a disastrous Medicare qtr. Interested to see there 2025 plans

I posted what I heard and read to give everyone a heads up on possibility of extended aep.

I didn't need your rant
I’m going to hunt a few of your sups down this aep and replace them .

Yes but none of that matters if they don't have the right hospitals in network. They are strong some places but they don't have a good hold on the market in other.
This is the correct answer. If a carrier has a terrible network then they are all but useless to me and my clients. This is why I'm always heavier on writing one of the major carriers like Aetna or Humana. You simply can't beat their networks. Especially Aetna....their area managers stressed to me that they are extremely aggressive about making sure as many doctors as possible are in-network.

Last edited:
I think there is a reasonable case to be made for this, widening the enrollment window. In addition to the changes, it is worth pointing out that there are far more people on medicare now, than there were 10 years ago. The baby boomer population was feeding medicare enrollments at an increasing rate each year until recently. As a result, you have more people needing help, within the same window of time.
I don’t think CMS takes the agent into consideration when it comes to AEP.
As far as they are concerned each Medicare beneficiary has a 7 week window to make their selections for the upcoming year.
They are ignoring the plight of the insurance agent who for the most part just wants to be able to help as many of his clients as possible during that period, and/or pick up some new clients too.
CMS needs to realize this and extend AEP.
And they can stop all the ridiculous SEPs which have seemed to be available all year long in 2025 thus far, and I have to be on guard constantly for telemarketers looking to snipe my clients.

Cvs reported bad qtr and lowered ests due to Aetna for the 3rd time . They blamed medical lose ration and reduced star ratings .So we’ll see how much the star of 2024 mapd cuts their plans . Aetna and Humana have learned the hard way when you buy business it comes back to kick you in the rear. United stayed nice and level and refused to chase the Benefit game as agreesive as the others and stands strong. Devoted is buying business the last few yrs . Will hit them at some pt. But there private company and we have no idea how bad there getting hit
I just got the list of over 2,600 MA and MAPD plans that AETNA is exiting for 2025 so that looks pretty rough for anyone who has a big AETNA book for AEP

Back