Aetna MA Dental in TX any one know if it covers Implants?

Every procedure has a code.

Is there a waiting period with this dental plan? Or a graduated benefit?

What is their formulary? Do they pay 80% of the customary charge? 60%?

There are so many ways carriers can manipulate a dental plan.

Implants, the good ones at least, are usually in the $4000 range. Is this person going to be pi$$ed if they only pay $800 toward the bill?

I know the guy that started Hoosier Dental years ago. It was an individual dental plan. One of the better ones. He told me all the ways they can shave the claim so the carrier can still make money.

It was eye opening.

Every procedure has a code.

Is there a waiting period with this dental plan? Or a graduated benefit?

What is their formulary? Do they pay 80% of the customary charge? 60%?

There are so many ways carriers can manipulate a dental plan.

Implants, the good ones at least, are usually in the $4000 range. Is this person going to be pi$$ed if they only pay $800 toward the bill?

I know the guy that started Hoosier Dental years ago. It was an individual dental plan. One of the better ones. He told me all the ways they can shave the claim so the carrier can still make money.

It was eye-opening.

No, it's not a stand-alone it is part of an MAPD HMO plan,

On MA plans there are no waiting periods on dental, Most are much less dental and network dental's

Many of Aetna's plans are usually, much lower amount around the $200 to $500 range This one has an insane $1,700, I am guessing to compete with their Part B Reduction PPO

It's is not, for instance, $0 for preventative 50% for majors like most plans,

Aetna is unique in the sense it's a reimbursement deal. Its just straight 100% cov reimbursement up to the max

I have had clients on these Aetna Plans No repricing No customary and usual only pay so much, Its been good

No Network though it's a reimbursement deal. He may do that His Effective will be Oct 1st. He wanted to try and get the $1,700 this year and Jan too If it's still available next year

They also have a Part B reduction of $104 per month there as well
Dentures this year and add the implants next year? :yes:

Back