Aetna Medicare Supplements

I do most of the time because it's a good time to cross sell, get referrals, etc., and it doesn't hurt to have another contact with a new client. I'm not delivering them as much to long time clients as I used to, unless I need to take care of something for them or sell them some more insurance.

I’ve never even seen the option to get it delivered to me first.

The paper app for Aetna ask if you want the policy mailed to agent or applicant. Looks like the e-app would worded the exact same way, but I guess there are differences. I haven't used an e-app from any carrier yet because I am an old schooled agent who still does it on paper.

I don't remember ever saying that LD, because I don't read the policies before I deliver them. I might have said to look at them and make sure the name, effective date, etc. are correct.

I was laughing when I wrote that because of my side comments to you about memory.

I may have engaged in hyperbole when I said you did it often, or very many times.

But somewhere back between Oct 2016 and the "big absence" I remember you telling some lost soul wandering in the wilderness that they should read the policies before delivering them. I think there may have been more than one comment about reading underwriting guides in the same time frame.

That was back when I was still thinking about being an agent and the sheer volume of stuff I was going to have to read, comprehend and remember was beginning to emerge as a problem for me, so your comments caught my attention.

It is quite possible I may have misconstrued policy reading comments you made, and thought you meant read the whole thing when you were just saying be sure client's data is correct.

People deliver med supp policies?

I do most of the time because it's a good time to cross sell, get referrals, etc., and it doesn't hurt to have another contact with a new client. I'm not delivering them as much to long time clients as I used to, unless I need to take care of something for them or sell them some more insurance.

Hmmm... I guess that's what I get for buying an HDF from an agent 5 hours away. Restricted personal touches. Mine came in the mail.

From what I read about HDF commissions, we probably used up his first year commission on the back and forth mail. :laugh:

I was laughing when I wrote that because of my side comments to you about memory.

I may have engaged in hyperbole when I said you did it often, or very many times.

But somewhere back between Oct 2016 and the "big absence" I remember you telling some lost soul wandering in the wilderness that they should read the policies before delivering them. I think there may have been more than one comment about reading underwriting guides in the same time frame.

That was back when I was still thinking about being an agent and the sheer volume of stuff I was going to have to read, comprehend and remember was beginning to emerge as a problem for me, so your comments caught my attention.

It is quite possible I may have misconstrued policy reading comments you made, and thought you meant read the whole thing when you were just saying be sure client's data is correct.
You shouldn't mess with old guys heads LD. :twitchy:

I've never read a policy before I delivered it, other than to check the Policy Summary/Schedule Page.

I'm you're that I've commented on reading each company's UW Guide, because it's clear from some of the posts I see on here, that a lot of agents don't know what an UW Guide is. :yes:

Back