Agency Management System: Questions?

Similar questions... Feedback appreciated.

I am new blood at a $3mm in annual premium independent... Incredibly, has functioned for last 20 years without any agency management system..

90% Personal lines... I've finally convinced the dinosaurs to shop a system.

Any ideas on where I should start? Can't be too costly.

Thanks!

I have worked in the past with Quikfuzion (agency-platform) and can recommend them highly. Newton by Agency systems should also be considered. I get mixed reviews on QQ but have no direct knowledge about them.

I think a simple question to ask is what Database are you using? Can I get my data out for use with 3rd party packages (open API)? If I leave can I get my data? How Much? How much training do I need?

BTW - you could hear mixed reviews about any system in the market. The people who post here are usually very positive to their vendor.

Good luck.

Last edited:
We have used AMS360 and Applied TAM in the past and have recently began using Nexsure. None of the systems fit us perfectly, but if you are looking for a company that care about their users stay away from Applied Systems (TAM or Epic) and Vertafore (AMS 360). XDTI who makes Nexsure has been a great business partner.

Applied Systems who developed and supports TAM (and Epic) has been a terrible provider and refuses to proivde any support for reporting and integration.

From our experiance, make sure you invest the time in choosing the correct AMS because switching costs are significant. Keep in my, besides the funtionality, conisder the company you are working with.

Similar questions... Feedback appreciated.

I am new blood at a $3mm in annual premium independent... Incredibly, has functioned for last 20 years without any agency management system..

90% Personal lines... I've finally convinced the dinosaurs to shop a system.

Any ideas on where I should start? Can't be too costly.

Thanks!

Talk to the big boys... applied and vertafore... get pricing. Shock your owners.
Then shop the "smaller" vendors - QQ Solutions, EZlynx etc...

QQ Catalyst is my current system of choice, only about 1 year old but QQ Solutions has been around a while. No system is perfect. But Catalyst is pretty good especially for the price point.

Ezlynx is a great rater, but I personally wasn't impressed with their mgmt system yet. Applied and vertafore can wow you but they also wow you with the sticker price.

No one can make the decision for you, but be careful committing to a system is a big commitment as data moves are not cheap or simple.

Back