Agency Package

Well I have only done sales on a PT basis. I got any leads under 10 lives since my boss was not interested in going on them. So I would get about 25 leads a yr. I did it in about 2- 2 1/2 yrs. I currently have approx. 15 accounts.

Ok, you have real employee benefit experience. What if you were not given the leads?

I know I sound like a prick but we are dealing in real life.

You may be better off going with a very large agency where your comp is less but leads are giving to you. I have buddies working at large agencies (100+ employees) and accounts are referred back and forth. You can even get account kick down to you. You make 30-40% comp but you are doing very little marketing per year.

Ok, you have real employee benefit experience. What if you were not given the leads?

You may be better off going with a very large agency where your comp is less but leads are giving to you. I have buddies working at large agencies (100+ employees) and accounts are referred back and forth. You can even get account kick down to you. You make 30-40% comp but you are doing very little marketing per year.

I would look into but I worked for the largest firm in NJ. We had 300 employees and the referrals were at 10%. I never participated because it was worth more to go out generate my own. An hour a day of prospecting for a much higher share. Also at some smaller agencies you might get ownership of your business.

What I know about the referral side is u have to give to get.

ABC,

I get what your trying to say. It is very beneficial to have leads given to you. The problem I have with large companies is your ownership. What happens if you want to leave? You lose everything you built? Typically they wont let you buy your book.

Back