Agents and AARP med supp

I haven't seen the rates for the AARP contract I just submitted in Texas, but I would assume they are the current rates in your state.

I would expect a rate increase if they are about to open them up to agents whom they are paying commissions. Or have the actuaries already considered that?

I was wondering about that too and also if the the AARP med supps sold through brokers will be a group certificate contract like those sold direct.

If they are i will have to start thinking of postive things to say about a group certificate policy !

Did anybody read in the contract that you need to have $3,000,000 E&O to sell branded AARP medsups? And do any of you have $3,000,000?

I just took quite a few of the re-cert online classes and new 2008 classes (I still have seven to do, to give you an idea how urgent it is that you contact your FMO/IMO and get started). From what I can tell, you will not be able to just glance at the premium chart and be able to "figure" the rate. You have to ask qualifying health questions to know whether to rate them up or give them a discount of up to 30% (only if they sign-up with three years and have no health condition). I am not sure how, but the first year of the ten-year commitment gives them 30% off currect rate, then 27% off second year current rate, 24% off third year, etc.,.
I guess this will help with the annual increase so long as the rates are in the ballpark.
Community Rates look better than Standard. I have no idea what Texas will have.
Also, there will be two med supps that Secure Horizons can sell (depending on state), the ones that are AARP-branded and the ones that are just Secure Horizons. The ones that are AARP will have a flat $ amount per application and the ones that are actual Secure Horizon med supps pay around 15%.
Way too confusing, I think I will stick with MAs.

~IF

Back