Agents Fined by The State Without A Hearing. Is This Legal???

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
The Illinois Department of Insurance publishes a monthly Agent/Broker "Disciplinary Report" at the state website, Welcome to Illinois Department of Insurance .

What disturbs me is that $$ fines (and worse) are often levied against agents based on allegations, with no due-process. See for yourself...
Link to PDF - http://insurance.illinois.gov/newsrls/2015/04/Feb2015DiscRpt.pdf

Is being a licensed agent akin to military service? Civilian rules of law can be bypassed when state or federal authorities want to "discipline" us?

Does your state publish a monthly list of "disciplined" agents, describing what they allegedly did wrong, and what it cost them? Illinois has done this for many years.
ac

The Illinois Department of Insurance publishes a monthly Agent/Broker "Disciplinary Report" at the state website, Welcome to Illinois Department of Insurance .

What disturbs me is that $$ fines (and worse) are often levied against agents based on allegations, with no due-process. See for yourself...
Link to PDF - http://insurance.illinois.gov/newsrls/2015/04/Feb2015DiscRpt.pdf

Is being a licensed agent akin to military service? Civilian rules of law can be bypassed when state or federal authorities want to "discipline" us?

Does your state publish a monthly list of "disciplined" agents, describing what they allegedly did wrong, and what it cost them? Illinois has done this for many years.
ac

I only read the first page and am assuming your issue is with "alleged". I read a lot of following a hearing and consent orders which lead me to believe the agents had a Chance to be involved.

I just had this as topic in my continue ed course.
Apparently this happens when an Agent does not answer summons.

In most cases there are serious charges and I am guessing they don't answer because they are guilty

Sorry Illinois doi is out of control

ennis E. Kagel, Bloomington-- Stipulation and Consent Order issued effective January 7, 2015.
Mr. Kagel has been licensed since 2004 to sell life, health and variable insurance. The Order includes
allegations that Mr. Kagel failed to identify the insurer on an advertisement and made a misleading
first year yield statement in an advertisement. The Order also included a $10,000.00 civil penalty.

Ibler, Inc., Peoria – Stipulation and Consent Order issued effective February 10, 2015.
The Education Provider has been certified to offer courses to insurance producers since 1985. The Order
includes allegations that Ibler, Inc. awarded three (3) ethics classroom credit hours to an insurance producer
when course subject matter was discussed briefly. Ibler, Inc. is disqualified as a certified ed ucation provider
and shall not be allowed to re-apply for certification in Illinois

An educator 0f 30 yrs loses there ability to conduct business over 3 hrs credited that they did discuss. Crazy

Come to California... where you can be arrested for allegedly selling annuities with surrender charges!

Hmmm, I wonder what the common thread between California and Illinois could be?

Could it be that my parents were born in Illinois and I was born in California?

Rick

If by "your parents were born in Illinois and you were born in California" means both states are controlled by a bunch of liberals, then yes.

Back