Agreements.......Appointments ? ? ?

Sounds like they are used to agents leaving, if they grab 25 at a time and throw them in a call center. In other words, just asking them , "what happens when I go..." --probably won't excite them. I hope.

If you think 9-7 monday - friday is tough you will have an impossible journey if you go independent and want to be a success. I am managing agents, doing the financials, and have two little kids in diapers - it is all about the sacrifice you put in that has a large impact on what you get out.

If you think 9-7 monday - friday is tough you will have an impossible journey if you go independent and want to be a success. I am managing agents, doing the financials, and have two little kids in diapers - it is all about the sacrifice you put in that has a large impact on what you get out.

Amen to that. I also have two small children and I work more now for myself than I ever did when I was working for others. When I get home from the office (usually around 6:30) I see my kids for a couple of hours in the evening and then it's off to my home office to keep pushing some night well past midnight. I tell people all of the time, " you do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do".

Amen to that. I also have two small children and I work more now for myself than I ever did when I was working for others. When I get home from the office (usually around 6:30) I see my kids for a couple of hours in the evening and then it's off to my home office to keep pushing some night well past midnight. I tell people all of the time, " you do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do".

Amen to what you and TXINSURANCE said!! I have 4 kids (2 sets of twins) and it is now 12:48 a.m. and I am up researching and learning and reading and reading some more. Last night I was up until 2:30 or 3:00 a.m. doing the same thing. Why? Because I am looking into selling individual and my only experience is in medicare advantage and supps, so I am having to learn a whole new world.

I remember when I started this career a year ago thinking: This is so awesome, I am 28 and am self employed, I don't have to work as much. All of my friends hated me because everytime they called while at work I would be off shopping or doing nothing. Now they get mad at me because I can't bring my kids over to play Saturday morning because I am working. I was wrong and learned very quickly that if I did not work as much as I do now that I would not get very far in this business.

Good for you, Michelle! Keep up the good work! Just learn to take "catnaps" during the day and you should be fine...or, one alternative is heavy drinking....JK

Amen to what you and TXINSURANCE said!! I have 4 kids (2 sets of twins) and it is now 12:48 a.m. and I am up researching and learning and reading and reading some more. Last night I was up until 2:30 or 3:00 a.m. doing the same thing. Why? Because I am looking into selling individual and my only experience is in medicare advantage and supps, so I am having to learn a whole new world.

I remember when I started this career a year ago thinking: This is so awesome, I am 28 and am self employed, I don't have to work as much. All of my friends hated me because everytime they called while at work I would be off shopping or doing nothing. Now they get mad at me because I can't bring my kids over to play Saturday morning because I am working. I was wrong and learned very quickly that if I did not work as much as I do now that I would not get very far in this business.

The dedicated and knowledgeable who have resolve will stay in the game!

Kids in diapers...I don't miss that!

Our kids are now 11 and 13, but it seems as if half of the day (OK...I mean half of my wife's day) is spent toting the kids to practices etc...

If your kids play competitive sports, you know what I mean. One thing I miss is coaching them. From Ages 5-8, I was coaching soccer, baseball and soccer. I loved it. Every minute of it.

If your kids play competitive sports, you know what I mean. One thing I miss is coaching them. From Ages 5-8, I was coaching soccer, baseball and soccer. I loved it. Every minute of it.

Reminds me of my first Little League team of 6, 7 and 8 year olds back in '94 (?).

After our first game (12-1 shellacking), not only did I not think we'd win a game, I doubted we'd get anybody out!

Surprise, surprise we went 8 and 3 from there. More importantly the kids had fun and learned baseball fundamentals. Lotsa fun.

Back