Agreements.......Appointments ? ? ?

Kids in diapers...I don't miss that!

Our kids are now 11 and 13, but it seems as if half of the day (OK...I mean half of my wife's day) is spent toting the kids to practices etc...

If your kids play competitive sports, you know what I mean. One thing I miss is coaching them. From Ages 5-8, I was coaching soccer, baseball and soccer. I loved it. Every minute of it.

Unfortunatly my children are lacking in these experience right now because of our careers. The girls were enrolled in dance, but we had lots of problems getting them there due to our work schedules so I had to pull them out. I hate it for them, but at the same time I think our careers are important for all of us, not just me!

I coached my son's soccer team and it was priceless. One of the things I most enjoy about this career is the flexibility.

He's going into a higher level this season so I won't be coaching, but I show up at all his practices and never have to say "Sorry Ryan, I can't make the game this weekend."

Unfortunatly my children are lacking in these experience right now because of our careers. The girls were enrolled in dance, but we had lots of problems getting them there due to our work schedules so I had to pull them out. I hate it for them, but at the same time I think our careers are important for all of us, not just me!

Here's some sage advice from an old-timer...

Both of my kids are now in their early twenties (23 & 20). MAKE time to get them to dance, etc. no matter what you have to do.

YOU WON'T GET A SECOND CHANCE. You'll look up one day, and they'll be 20 and building their own life...

Thank you, you are right. We have already decided that next year we would do that. 2007 was our first year in this biz and it was very consuming of our time. We are coming up with ways right now for us to both to be able to work some and do this with the kids out for summer and to still do fun summer stuff. I also think going into the individual side will help with that also. Being in the medicare advantage field, we are in the field all day and then when we are done there, it is home to do paperwork and get the next day set up.

The absolute best thing about our business is the flexibility. If you work smart (not necessarily hard) you can make a pile of money. But, the worst thing about this business is that there is no one standing over your shoulder saying "Hey, you gotta work today". Those with good work ethics make it, those without don't.

Back