All Savers from UHC

ABC your are absolutely spot on. There are better solutions coming for the small group market, but wouldn't rule out All Saver as one to have in your arsenal, the more the merry. Happy selling.
I quoted the product about 20 times and decided not to sell it.
I felt there was not enough value in the pricing to go with that plan design. In fact I took a handful of group off of that platform and put them on a more traditional.

Is All Savers going to be a QHP in 2014? I doubt it.

The other thing is the small groups that went with the allsavers plan will drop group and go GI individual and possibly get subsidies through the exchange.

My thought is ALLSavers IS DOA.

Lee, you probably have more current (and accurate) data than I do, but from the "old days" roughly 50% of large claims (xs of $50k) were hospital, the balance was outpatient.

So if you have a $100k claim you can anticipate $50k from the hospital and $50k from follow up outpatient visits and Rx.

With a hospital only plan you are only insuring half your risk.

Kind of like having a car insurance policy that only works on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

Your right, actually it was closer to 65% hospital. I do remember somethings that Smitty taught me. But the products above are not hospital only or are they? It does not appear.

No, the All Saver product is not hospital only. Too bad they used the term "Saver" in the product name, as that term is too often associated with limited plans.

So All Saver is a "new" product? Not the same as the Copay Saver, Saver 80 and HSA Saver?

GR/UHC is not competitive here and hasn't been for several years.

A quick look indicates All Saver is not offered in Georgia. They do still offer a Saver 80 but the brochure states that MOST outpatient services are not covered.

The AllSaver Product is on the a group platform.

It is a defined contribution approach where the employees can elect different plan designs.

The plan designs are difficult to explain. They are like donut hole plans. Once you incur a certain amount of claims then the deductible/OOP has to be met and the same applies for RX.

Most of the groups that chose this plan have no idea how the plan works. Most brokers spent very little time explaining the benefits. It is a purely a price sale but the price is really not worth the benefits.

I think UHC/GR overuses the term "saver". As Somarco said, the Saver plan on the UH1/GR individual side is a poor product. On the group side, the All Savers plan is comprehensive in benefits, but the plan design is like an HRA. There is an account set up for those who have little utilization. Most employers use a $500 account. Then comes the donut hole that ABC mentioned, then the insurance product. It's a logical plan, since most people have $500 or less expenses in a year. But it's hard to explain since that design is not common in today's environment.

I quoted the product about 20 times and decided not to sell it.
I felt there was not enough value in the pricing to go with that plan design. In fact I took a handful of group off of that platform and put them on a more traditional.

Is All Savers going to be a QHP in 2014? I doubt it.

The other thing is the small groups that went with the allsavers plan will drop group and go GI individual and possibly get subsidies through the exchange.

My thought is ALLSavers IS DOA.

All Saver is not DOW, however I do believe their going to struggle. Is it deemed a QHP? Absolutely, the problem I see is in the small group market the trend is moving from traditional group plans to define contribution. The other problem is the Choice Plus PPO network is very limited in certain areas, better ask your potential client right up front who their doctor is before getting knee deep in quoting.

All Saver is not DOW, however I do believe their going to struggle. Is it deemed a QHP? Absolutely, the problem I see is in the small group market the trend is moving from traditional group plans to define contribution. The other problem is the Choice Plus PPO network is very limited in certain areas, better ask your potential client right up front who their doctor is before getting knee deep in quoting.

I've decided to cancel my appointment with the All Savers product. Major reason was the limited physician network, I was going around in circles trying to get doctors added to the choice plus network. Come to find out that the designed plans cost structures are built around the network chassis, there is a snowball chance in hell to get a doctor or carrier added.

As far as medical credit, I can do the same thing with Assurant individual and group plans, by adding health access a scheduled benefit of service a person can elect the amount of money and services below their deductible and chances are the doctor is in network because Aetna is one of the most comprehensive networks, plus the fact Assurant is offering the rate guarantee until 2014 on both group and individual, makes for a good selling advantage over and above All Savers.

I have stopped seeing All Savers in the Field. I had high hopes for the product but after learning it, I realized some had developed it with little actual field experience.

I looked at Assurant's partialy self funded product a couple of month's ago and did like what I saw.
The problem is the sales people have no clue what they are selling.
The quotes are based on a immature year, which makes for a very big difference the falling year. The sales people have no clue what you are asking them. Then they will not give you access to the underwriters.

I think the plan has huge potential but you need an organization that knows what they are doing.

Back