Allstate and Progressive end relationships with local insurance agency due to alleged racist Junetee

My apologies. I keep forgetting that the most important thing is to establish (as loudly as possible) our moral purity, ethnical superiority, and suitability as paragons of mankind's finest qualities.

I am completely aghast, deeply offended, etc.

You need a hug. Having basic human decency is none the things you described.

So the Portuguese (and a lesser extent Italians & Spaniards) started capturing african slaves in mass.

I think you forgot to read about the African tribal kings selling them in mass.

Chattel Slavery was much different than most forms of historical slavery previous to it. In ancient Greece, many slaves where held in high regard and were teachers/doctors/etc. They also usually did not remain slaves for life in most cultures... and often became slaves from losing battles in war.

The souls of the millions who died in mines and fields would like to rise up and spit on your grave. The picture you paint is pretty but highly inaccurate. Yes, there were some slaves as you describe. They were the 1%. Do you think the Greeks and Romans looked at captured slaves as precious souls to nurture? You are either mad or you have not read much on this subject.

Generally speaking, most ancient forms of slavery pre-Chattel Slavery was a lot closer to indentured servitude vs. what we think of as slavery. There were some exceptions... like the Israelites, but the old adage of "there has always been slavery" is not even close to a realistic comparison.

There has always been slavery. Slavery in the ancient kingdom of Israel was not an exception. It was not even a regional exception. I can't imagine where you are getting this goofy history.

But slavery goes back to BC times. Warring tribes took women and children as slaves... and killed most of the men. It existed in most all cultures at some point. How it was practiced is the huge difference. Us "westerners" were the first to make it a racial/generational situation based on religious reasoning

"Religious reasoning" was a convenient self-justification used by a few, and later picked up by revisionist historians. To claim that slavery in North America was "based" on religious reasoning is completely absurd. I mean, you know this, so why are you being so sloppy here?

The rest of your history is equally faulty. Stick to sales.

I think you forgot to read about the African tribal kings selling them in mass.

The souls of the millions who died in mines and fields would like to rise up and spit on your grave. The picture you paint is pretty but highly inaccurate. Yes, there were some slaves as you describe. They were the 1%. Do you think the Greeks and Romans looked at captured slaves as precious souls to nurture? You are either mad or you have not read much on this subject.

There has always been slavery. Slavery in the ancient kingdom of Israel was not an exception. It was not even a regional exception. I can't imagine where you are getting this goofy history.

"Religious reasoning" was a convenient self-justification used by a few, and later picked up by revisionist historians. To claim that slavery in North America was "based" on religious reasoning is completely absurd. I mean, you know this, so why are you being so sloppy here?

The rest of your history is equally faulty. Stick to sales.

Books are your friend. Read enough of them and maybe one day you will not be an apologist for bigots, rapists, and torturers.

Btw, the Israelites were the slaves I was referring to....

Back