Allstate Round 2 -They put the good hands around my neck.

Good for you.

People don't understand tbe roles at play here. You and then the negligent party and the negligent party's PAYER....the party with the most to gain by using low cost used or aftermarket parts and denying needed processes. If you let the PAYER dictate your repair, good luck. You didn't sign an coverage agreement with them and you were the one with damages.

Bingo!

My attack was you have to make me whole and justify it with well reasoned and substantial thought.

700 and 7000 aren’t the same. A new car dealer and a junkyard aren’t the same. The clown was saying industry standards say they are.

I asked for a copy of the industry standards and went quiet. When he tried to pivot I kept asking for the industry standards until he told me no. Then I made note because I knew I was going to freight train that to his boss.

Allstate is pathetic. They don’t even understand how embarrassing they are. Yuck!

It's not just Allstate. Most companies seem to prey on an uneducated public about the repair process with the ultimate goal of the "cheapest repair possible." Once someone accepts their ultimate goal, it is easier to navigate. If you know the laws in your state, it is even better.

Related to "industry standards", that used to be their code word for "whatever we say" and their adjusters still use it. However, now the manufacturers are involved in this and their written repair methods are the only "industry standards" that any reputable shop should be working with to maintain your safety and value after the repair or skip important processes. Trust me on this....the OEMs don't spec used or aftermarket parts in their repairs. They want your car to look correct and operate as designed in all phases for as long as you have it.

Your journey isn't done. The process of getting it fixed is now filled with opportunities to pressure the repair facility to not do the right thing. Do your research and find a super reputable independent shop to make the repair. If you use their "preferred" facility, understand going in that they must play along or they are no longer "preferred". That doesn't mean that it won't be right, just that they are being watched closely on expenses.

Last edited:
Back