Alternatives to Exchanges

blakeroneniner

I am looking to reduce my insurance cost and want to figure out what my best options are. I am thinking of dropping my employer provided plan which is going up 19% and going with a major medical plan with an HSA to pay for doctor visits with cash (as many will provide discounts for upfront payment) and also pay the tax penalty. Is this a feasible way to go and what should I look for when doing this? As of Jan. 1 I will be paying around $712 a month for a H/W 2 kids.

I am looking to reduce my insurance cost and want to figure out what my best options are. I am thinking of dropping my employer provided plan which is going up 19% and going with a major medical plan with an HSA to pay for doctor visits with cash (as many will provide discounts for upfront payment) and also pay the tax penalty. Is this a feasible way to go and what should I look for when doing this? As of Jan. 1 I will be paying around $712 a month for a H/W 2 kids.

if you get a underwritten policy with effective date of dec 15 you do not have to pay the penalty......

Back