Annual enrollment may start one month early?

Did it dawn on anyone that they may also offer a Med Supp policy? If MA plans are the only thing they offer a lot of the retirees are going to get "short changed" by not having all options explained to them.

If CMS is really concerned they would require agents to explain both MA and Med Supp plans. There would be a box to check on the application indicating that the agent throughly explained both options and CMS would spot check this. That is if they really cared.

Have all agents working in the senior market totally discounted Med Supps in favor of the much higher commissioned MA plans?

To a lot of seniors it isn't about just saving money, it's about choice and quality health care.

Why does everyone here seem to think that all seniors are broke and can only afford to eat cat food? If they have retired from GM they can probably afford what ever they want if they are given options.

It doesn't sound like that is what is going to happen, not with GM "endorsing" Extend Health by having their representatives there. That ain't right!

In my experience with GM folks, they all have this strange perception that they are entitled to everything for free. That somehow their many years of sleeping on the job, and making their (union negotiated low) "rate" quota by mid-morning have earned them every luxury and benefit of life and free lifetime comprehensive health care, for them and their spouse for services rendered.

Personally, I do not have a company in my kit that pays me enough commission to be forced to sit and give them an audience and listen to them complain about paying $100 for a med supp, or paying $10 to see a doctor for a MA plan.

In my experience with GM folks, they all have this strange perception that they are entitled to everything for free. That somehow their many years of sleeping on the job, and making their (union negotiated low) "rate" quota by mid-morning have earned them every luxury and benefit of life and free lifetime comprehensive health care, for them and their spouse for services rendered.

Personally, I do not have a company in my kit that pays me enough commission to be forced to sit and give them an audience and listen to them complain about paying $100 for a med supp, or paying $10 to see a doctor for a MA plan.

Just to give you a preview of what you would have heard, they would tell you that they have to pay $10 to see a doctor because the government has shipped all the good jobs overseas. (where a guy can drill a hole in a piece of sheet metal without being a member of the machinists union or change a light bulb with being in a union for electricians)

Winter

The GM retiree's are a bit spoiled. They keep asking me about vision coverage. One woman told me I get a new pair of glasses every 2 years....what kind of vision coverage do you offer? I'm trying to help others with their prescription coverage. Alot of them are on the most expensive namebrands. For example, Celebrex. I had to explain the Part D and gap. Celebrex pretty much takes up their whole benefit. They sure don't want to hear that.

Last edited:
The GM retiree's are a bit spoiled. They keep asking me about vision coverage. One woman told me I get a new pair of glasses every 2 years....what kind of vision coverage do you offer? I'm trying to help others with their prescription coverage. Alot of them are on the most expensive namebrands. For example, Celebrex. I had to explain the Part D and gap. Celebrex pretty much takes up their whole benefit. They sure don't want to hear that.

I dont know if this will be helpful, but you can try this

Connection To Care

I dont know if this will be helpful, but you can try this

Connection To Care

That is a good suggestion but I'm sure you are aware that a retired, salaried employee of GM is not going to meet the qualifications to receive free medicine.

I guess an agent could tell them that so they have a glimmer of hope just to get the app signed.

No, I don't even remotely believe that you would do that but I have known agents who would pull that kind of crap.

I don't know why you would see and hear that. The only GM people affected by this are the salaried GM people. Kinda hard to blame that one on the union. Unless you just want to.

That is a good suggestion but I'm sure you are aware that a retired, salaried employee of GM is not going to meet the qualifications to receive free medicine.

I guess an agent could tell them that so they have a glimmer of hope just to get the app signed.

No, I don't even remotely believe that you would do that but I have known agents who would pull that kind of crap.

Well you obviously wouldnt want to sign them up on the plan unless they meet income qualifications...

$28,000 per year for husband and wife... which, like you said is going to be hard to find, but there may be a few.

Maybe :skeptical:

Back