Annuity Marketing Ideas?

It's actually "PlanMember Services." For a 403B company, I think they are near the top. They focus on the 403(b)(7) custodial account biz, and they encourage advisors to build a fee-based business (which will be good for you long term, and is where the regulatory environment is nudging the securities industry).

You'll probably be MUCH better off with them than you would with a captive insurance company like VALIC or AXA (plus, a mutual fund 403B is going to be superior to a VA 403B).

I don't know what they offer for new reps in terms of draw/enhanced commissions/salary, and I don't know if you'll have a non-compete or anything like that, but I SUSPECT you'll be an indy contractor, with maybe a draw and no benefits.

I'd say they're worth a look.

Thank you very much, Ice! I appreciate your insight and look foward to any other thoughts you may have in the future. Kind regards!

I have other agents that are focusing on financial literacy as a means to generate leads. One Particular agent designed a system to educate the schools and federal agencies. If you want some more information let me know I will look it up and send it over.

I also, know of a few other digital marketing programs that might be worth looking at to see if they might be something you want to research.

If interested hit me with a quick PM and I will send you some information.

Did you go to work for R.A. Lotter? Do tell...let's hear the deets!

Thanks

Have anyone heardof a company out of Newport Beach Ca, R.A. Lotter Insurance?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Were they still in Laguna back then? Or the Lumber Yard days?

Any words of the curious...good/bad?

Thanks

Yes. Are they still around? I worked for them briefly 17 years ago.
Were they still in Laguna back then? Or was that in the NB Lumber Yard days?

Thanks

Were they still in Laguna back then? Or was that in the NB Lumber Yard days?

Thanks

Last edited:
We have had a lot of luck with Social Security seminars. They have increased our business 10 fold. I have a Social Security system that I have been using. I know with other systems they have not had the same results.

I would agree social security seems to be a good educational topic right now. It also seems that some of my bigger agents are having really good success with income planning/asset distribution workshops.

It would be good to looking into digital marketing as well.

Most of the annuities that I have sold are on the backend once I've gained trust from a client and have done an extensive fact finder on them. Annual reviews with clients are a great way to raise assets and in some cases annuities will be appropriate. A lot of reps never stay in touch with their book which is a big mistake. Workshops and mailers can work also.
I agree with this, staying in front of your current clients with as much as an email or card is a great way to build your referral network.

There are many great methods to selling annuities. The most important thing to remember is step out of your comfort zone and team up with a good FMO/IMO. That can make a huge difference.

Steve

Back