Annuity vocabulary question.

I was quoting @adjusterjack on that one.

Just trying to use a metaphor. It's really hard to analyze this stuff from a brochure or a contract.

At some point, you just need to trust a professional and let them help you.

Spending a few days/months/hours whatever analyzing this stuff is a waste of your time.

You should spend that time vetting agents. Asking your friends, looking them up online, interviewing them, etc.

You don't have to do all of this alone. It's good that you understand what you own, but let someone who truly knows these products and who you trust explain it to you.

You made very accurate comments in another thread about why it will be difficult for me to find an agent. If you modify concepts slightly from annuities to senior market medical products, that exactly matches my experience in buying Medigap HDF, The best Medicare PDP CMS shows for your prescriptions, and dental insurance. I have screwed up relationships with one IMO and at least one agent while attempting to deal with those issues.

If I find an annuity agent, another issue pops up, secure communication of personal data.
I did just bump an old thread in another forum asking the following question.

I recognize that I appear to have pretty well used up my "question quota" with you, but I would welcome you comments on this as well if you would care to make any.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As a consumer, in the modern environment of purchasing insurance products, a variant of this discussion is communication of confidential personal financial information with an "out of town" insurance agent.

Are there confidential or encrypted email tools you can comment about that might be financially viable for an individual of modest means who cannot amortize the cost of a communication solution over lots and lots of clients?

Thanks in advance for any comments you would care to make.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You made very accurate comments in another thread about why it will be difficult for me to find an agent. If you modify concepts slightly from annuities to senior market medical products, that exactly matches my experience in buying Medigap HDF, The best Medicare PDP CMS shows for your prescriptions, and dental insurance. I have screwed up relationships with one IMO and at least one agent while attempting to deal with those issues.

If I find an annuity agent, another issue pops up, secure communication of personal data.
I did just bump an old thread in another forum asking the following question.

I recognize that I appear to have pretty well used up my "question quota" with you, but I would welcome you comments on this as well if you would care to make any.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As a consumer, in the modern environment of purchasing insurance products, a variant of this discussion is communication of confidential personal financial information with an "out of town" insurance agent.

Are there confidential or encrypted email tools you can comment about that might be financially viable for an individual of modest means who cannot amortize the cost of a communication solution over lots and lots of clients?

Thanks in advance for any comments you would care to make.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I responded in that thread.

This site is for questions (and bullshitting) so I have no problem adding in anything that I may think is valuable. If not, I just won't answer.

No worries.

I responded in that thread.

This site is for questions (and bullshitting) so I have no problem adding in anything that I may think is valuable. If not, I just won't answer.

No worries.

I noticed. :D

Thanks.

Back