Anthem in IN Posts Commissions for ACA Compliant Plans on Jan 1 or After...!

I've been busy helping people (and getting paid for it), Tater.

Didn't get paid near as much this year (for a lot harder work).
I've pushed a lot of BlueEDGE over the years.
You may not remember our commission-cut for that product.
I continued to sell it....because it was the smartest choice for many of my clients.

I didn't need your expertise as much in the past 7 years (as I do now).
So, I didn't visit you very often.
When I did, I left you experts to your friendly conversations & expert answers.

Today, I'm very angry with this whole mess....so post count is soaring.

Those numbers look fair to me. All I need now is some rates, outlines and apps. And I'm off like a prom dress!:yes:

TxOnline,
You will want to think through your process. Find inefficiencies and think about how to reduce/eliminate them.

Here is an example (pre ACA) - many agents spend time selling a plan first (lets say 30 minutes) and then having the client apply (some may not even apply) for that plan. Rates come back and it's different than quoted rate, so you spend another 30 minutes going over other plans.

Why not explain to client "you should just pick a plan to apply for. At this point it does not matter. Once we have the final rates, we can review your needs, budget, and change plans before we submit payment info." This process reduces your time. My main carrier gives the option to switch plans before payment is made.

It allows me to first make sure my prospect is serious enough to fill out an app. I don't want to spend time with people who are tire kickers. The longer your are in the business, the more protective you are of your time. My time is valuable and with enrollment with ACA time is more limited.

If you are not prepared to handle large amounts of people fast, you could miss out on a once in a lifetime opportunity. Good luck.

Thanks, russelltw!

Will do!

----------------------

And, good morning Tater!
I've cooled off now.
I just want you experts to remember that you ARE valuable to these companies! They couldn't pull this off without you. And, you should not sell yourselves short. You're much more valuable (than I'm hearing from you).

I think partially this is a crafty adverse selection play
the old, high premium, less healthy will be steered to % based carriers
as pointed out in previous posts, placing young in this pmpm pencils out better for agents
will agents make this separation and put them in two lines?
some of us will

Some will. But the agents that last a long time in this business, have lots of referrals and great retention are the agents that do what is best for the client. In the long run you end up making more money anyway, and sleep better too.

Latest posts

Back