Any of You Sell Small Commercial In-person?

nickfernando

For the past few months I've gone 100% remote on sales for small commercial. I'm talking BOPS and small CPP's that are underwritten by myself as the agent.

Assuming I've prospected right and the client is a good one from a loss perspective I am able to quote, bind and issue a policy while at my first meeting with the client.

Basically I'm trying to bring the speed/convenience of online but with the touch of a local agent. It's been hit or miss, but I see a lot of potential with this as a sales tool.

Are there any other agents that do this? If so, would love to start an email mastermind on sales tactics, efficiency, etc.

For the past few months I've gone 100% remote on sales for small commercial. I'm talking BOPS and small CPP's that are underwritten by myself as the agent. Assuming I've prospected right and the client is a good one from a loss perspective I am able to quote, bind and issue a policy while at my first meeting with the client. Basically I'm trying to bring the speed/convenience of online but with the touch of a local agent. It's been hit or miss, but I see a lot of potential with this as a sales tool. Are there any other agents that do this? If so, would love to start an email mastermind on sales tactics, efficiency, etc.

I don't know of any other way to sell small business insurance.

Sure it's a good idea to inspect all the risks you right prior to binding but yeah this should only take one meeting, an email, and a phone call.

For the past few months I've gone 100% remote on sales for small commercial. I'm talking BOPS and small CPP's that are underwritten by myself as the agent. Assuming I've prospected right and the client is a good one from a loss perspective I am able to quote, bind and issue a policy while at my first meeting with the client. Basically I'm trying to bring the speed/convenience of online but with the touch of a local agent. It's been hit or miss, but I see a lot of potential with this as a sales tool. Are there any other agents that do this? If so, would love to start an email mastermind on sales tactics, efficiency, etc.

How are you prospecting?

1. Take a look at your carrier's BOP classes or classes you can rate/bind yourself with no underwriter approval needed.

2. Find some classes they will all write. Usually main street stuff unless you have niche carriers (in which case you're going to do even better); if the carriers have different rating bases for the same type of risk this is ideal (e.g. carrier A rates on sq footage, carrier B rates on payroll, carrier C on sales)

3. Get a list together of businesses - call them. The general pitch is you can give them X # of quotes in under a half hour.

4. Before going to meeting - pre fill as much info as you can about each risk into your carrier rating systems. Most of this is easy enough to find using SOS filings, social media, property records etc. This should give you at minimum - entity name, location info, building info;

5. Once you get to meeting take the info you don't have. If you are savvy at finding info (I am) you can walk in, get a few random pieces of information to flesh out your quote. Fill it in on each of your carriers. Sell. Have them sign on your screen. On to the next one.

You can write much larger accounts than you think.

Also when it doesn't workout you're not out much time.

Small commercial in person. ..yes. you meet a small account in person if possible. You get referrals that way

Back