Any recommendations for the most affordable health insurance for my situation?

Rnkhch

Hello,

My work contract ended on the last day of September, so starting the 1st of October, I don't have health insurance.

For the time being, I'm not planning to apply for jobs as I'm making more than enough through my stock market trading. I'm planning to apply for Trader Tax Status (TTS) in March of 2022 when I file my 2021 taxes, so currently I don't have TTS and I'm considered unemployed. I did not bother to apply for unemployment coverage.

Considering that California requires 9+ months of annual coverage, I need one more month of health insurance in 2021 to avoid tax penalty. I'm very healthy, and I'm looking for the cheapest possible health plans in Southern California, Los Angeles area. Any recommendations? (So far the cheapest I could find was about $300/month).

Thanks much for any input!

I work for a company that has a stand-alone individual plan that would get you through. Very inexpensive rates, and would be available in CA. Feel free to message me if interested.

Hello,

My work contract ended on the last day of September, so starting the 1st of October, I don't have health insurance.

For the time being, I'm not planning to apply for jobs as I'm making more than enough through my stock market trading. I'm planning to apply for Trader Tax Status (TTS) in March of 2022 when I file my 2021 taxes, so currently I don't have TTS and I'm considered unemployed. I did not bother to apply for unemployment coverage.

Considering that California requires 9+ months of annual coverage, I need one more month of health insurance in 2021 to avoid tax penalty. I'm very healthy, and I'm looking for the cheapest possible health plans in Southern California, Los Angeles area. Any recommendations? (So far the cheapest I could find was about $300/month).

Caveat, not an agent.

Not quite technically correct.

See internet articles such as this one:
https://www.ftb.ca.gov/about-ftb/ne...ual-healthcare-mandate-penalty-estimator.html

It looks to me like you need to be sure that whatever you buy meets the requirements for Minimum Essential Coverage. I don't know how to determine that but a number of posts here have indicated there are health insurance options available off the exchange that do not meet that requirement. So I think care in what you purchase would be in order, cheapest to just obtain some health coverage may not meet your specific requirement to avoid penalties.

If its not an ACA Obamacare plan, then it is not real insurance. Surprised as calif really cracked down on any plans that are not ACA qualified to avoid the CA penalty

Hello,

Don’t count on making a living as a 475 mtm day trader . You had success in the greatest bull mkt of all time . 1 out of 5000 can make a real living as a trader long term . Save yourself heartache and get a career and invest for the long term .

236 weeks without a loss. Even if hedging, option, shorting, and you are worried about $300 a month. First off nobody, and I mean nobody goes 236 weeks as a day trader and never takes a loss. And if by some reason you did and could prove it, I can guarantee you would have hedge funds breathing down your neck with 8 figure contracts and you are worried about $300 a month. This whole post is bullshit

Back