Any Suggestions on Signing Up with New Personal Lines Carriers Directly.

nyagent31

Expert
Just need help in signing up with new personal lines carriers. How to make them like your agency and give you products to sell. I have a lot of competition around but they all seem to be writing business with carriers directly and when I approach the same carriers they tell me that they are not interested in appointing new agents. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Just need help in signing up with new personal lines carriers. How to make them like your agency and give you products to sell. I have a lot of competition around but they all seem to be writing business with carriers directly and when I approach the same carriers they tell me that they are not interested in appointing new agents.

Make sure you have an awesome business and marketing plan.

Make sure you have an awesome business and marketing plan.

I have the business and clientele but just getting tried of chasing the carriers to appoint my company so I can write some policies. I have been trying for the past 3 months to get appointed and the carriers I approached just flat out rejects the app.

giving the existing agency plant is a vote of confidence....try a different carrier

have you tried Kemper? they seem to be taking on new contracts and we've seen them as a player on personal lines in NY

Yes I agree with you 100% but there is more than enough business out there and the carriers should really give the new guy a chance. I haven't tried kemper but I will.send an app ane see where it goes. Thank you for the suggestion.

----------

giving the existing agency plant is a vote of confidence....try a different carrier

have you tried Kemper? they seem to be taking on new contracts and we've seen them as a player on personal lines in NY

Just got off the phone with kemper and she said the same thing that everyone else is saying "we are not appointing any new agents in the area". Thanks for the advise I will try them again later in the.year.

Back