Any Tips on B-leads of Mortgage Protection

KINGBICHO

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Bought a few B-leads for mortgage protection for the 1st time..there about 6-12 months old. Any tips on how to approach them and making appts? what ratio can I expect in closing them off? Is it better to phone call or visit them in person 1st? What script or line can I say to have a chance in making an appt? Any tips will be much appreciated

Bought a few B-leads for mortgage protection for the 1st time..there about 6-12 months old. Any tips on how to approach them and making appts? what ratio can I expect in closing them off? Is it better to phone call or visit them in person 1st? What script or line can I say to have a chance in making an appt? Any tips will be much appreciated

I cold door knock the new homeowners. I don't buy leads but rather do research on the clerk of the court website and then cross reference the property appraiser, this allows me to get each homeowners name.

Anyway...when I get to the home I knock on the door I ask for the owner(s) by name and introduce myself as Chris from So&So insurance company and that I dropped in to congratulate them on their new home. I then let them know that I help protect families against loss and ask them If I can help protect their family.

I'm sure there are better ways but it works for me. :yes:

Thanks for your input One fast pony. I still need advice on the actual B or aged leads that I bought and how to approach them

Door knock with the lead in hand. Apologize for their name falling through the cracks. Tell them that is why you were hired so that info requests won't end up backlogged and you would be happy to be of service to them.

What deadhead and Fastpony said. Door knocking them is a must. Go to the door, show then the lead they filled out and say our records show we haven't helped you protect your family yet with the mortgage protection that pays off your mortgage should one of you die. We recently had someone die that had filled out the same form and his wife wasn't happy we hadn't helped him get protected. We don't want that to happen again so we are visiting everyone to show them what they might qualify for to protect their family. Do you have time to see now or would 6:00 tomorrow be better?

"We recently had someone die that had filled out the same form and his wife wasn't happy we hadn't helped him get protected...."
Yikes! I'm not sure I would say that. It doesn't immediately place you in a good light.

What I would do is door knock and let them know you are following up on their request for affordable mortgage protection. Indicate you are making sure 100% of those who requested.....were provided the information.

Last edited:
"We recently had someone die that had filled out the same form and his wife wasn't happy we hadn't helped him get protected...."
Yikes! I'm not sure I would say that. It doesn't immediately place you in a good light.

Yeah, I'd stick with the apologies for the oversight and explaining that you were hired to make sure things like this get corrected.

What I would do is door knock and let them know you are following up on their request for affordable mortgage protection. Indicate you are making sure 100% of those who requested.....were provided the information.

Ha. Probably right. I never used it like that. What I did use when I got into a conversation with them and wasn't thinking they felt the need was tell how I once had a couple where the wife called to see if the husband had taken out one of the mortgage protection policies we had discussed because he just died. I had to tell her no and she was very upset and scared about what she will do. That got me to go the extra mile to help families get protected. Then I'd tell them it's not for everyone and if they are not interested that's fine just let me know but if they wanted to look at getting their family protected I would do everything I can to help. And ask: Do you want to look at getting your family protected?

Didn't feel typing all that before. ha
It worked some. Kind of a last ditch effort to get in.

Remember these are B leads that someone already worked and for whatever reason they didn't buy.

Last edited:
Door knockin it is....I like the concept of apologizing first when approaching. I am going to work on them this tuesday. Just that they are somewhat spread out in a county next to where I live at. I hope daytime activity can work for me on these leads. I f I can close 1 at least I got my money back. I will post my results.

Back