Any word on proposed 2024 Cms guidelines?

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Last yr at this time Nahu was sending letters to cms contesting the proposed guidelines . It did no good . This yr I see very little talk about it . Like people aren’t even contesting stuff with cms and accepting it all Last year the final draft was in may . The biggest issue for agents working leads ( which the vast majority do ) is the 48 hr scope . The talk is the scope must be time stamped . That means every lead you call for an appt after your speel . “ Mrs Jones I’ll be in your area in 2 days . How does 2 days out at 2 pm sound ? Ok good . I need you to sign this little thing first . The govt makes us do this . Prospect says “ govt screw you or I don’t even know you I ain’t signing nothing “ . Forget them not wanting to sign it . 2 days out appts on leads don’t work . This definitely kills call centers if they even do it . The business is going to get tougher and tougher for agents due to regulations.

Last yr at this time Nahu was sending letters to cms contesting the proposed guidelines . It did no good . This yr I see very little talk about it . Like people aren’t even contesting stuff with cms and accepting it all Last year the final draft was in may . The biggest issue for agents working leads ( which the vast majority do ) is the 48 hr scope . The talk is the scope must be time stamped . That means every lead you call for an appt after your speel . “ Mrs Jones I’ll be in your area in 2 days . How does 2 days out at 2 pm sound ? Ok good . I need you to sign this little thing first . The govt makes us do this . Prospect says “ govt screw you or I don’t even know you I ain’t signing nothing “ . Forget them not wanting to sign it . 2 days out appts on leads don’t work . This definitely kills call centers if they even do it . The business is going to get tougher and tougher for agents due to regulations.

This 48 hour scope isn't new. Others have said they got it around it years ago. My question to those agents who are ok with this rule, how do you handle walk-in appointments? How would this affect sales events like the retail AEP marketing in Walmart, etc?

This 48 hour scope isn't new. Others have said they got it around it years ago. My question to those agents who are ok with this rule, how do you handle walk-in appointments? How would this affect sales events like the retail AEP marketing in Walmart, etc?

Agents got around it yrs ago 2 ways . #1 they had box you could check that a 48 hr scope wasn’t possible and you could sign right then ( you won’t have that option anymore ). Another way they simply took paper scope at time of app even if they did E-App and backdated the scope 48 hrs . I’m hearing scope must be time stamped electronically so that won’t work anymore. Also during educational events you will no longer be able to get soa’s or ptc forms . Basically clients will take your card and have to call you . Then you got to get the soa and wait 48 hrs . If this holds and agents comply it destroys the call centers . But it also takes agents down with them .If scope is time stamped it means every soa will need to be recorded . So no more everything paper and unrecorded

Agents got around it yrs ago 2 ways . #1 they had box you could check that a 48 hr scope wasn’t possible and you could sign right then ( you won’t have that option anymore ). Another way they simply took paper scope at time of app even if they did E-App and backdated the scope 48 hrs . I’m hearing scope must be time stamped electronically so that won’t work anymore. Also during educational events you will no longer be able to get soa’s or ptc forms . Basically clients will take your card and have to call you . Then you got to get the soa and wait 48 hrs . If this holds and agents comply it destroys the call centers . But it also takes agents down with them .If scope is time stamped it means every soa will need to be recorded . So no more everything paper and unrecorded

The big question is are carriers going to require the SOA be summited 48 hours prior to appointment or match up all SOAs with every enrollment and be proactive for violations. I hope they don't but in a way it may be good for agents with a good book of business because it would curtail the illegal cold calling otherwise they will continue taking their chances of never getting caught on it unless there is a complaint. I loss more business to illegal cold calling poachers than than to inbound calls to Joe Namath.

The big question is are carriers going to require the SOA be summited 48 hours prior to appointment or match up all SOAs with every enrollment and be proactive for violations. I hope they don't but in a way it may be good for agents with a good book of business because it would curtail the illegal cold calling otherwise they will continue taking their chances of never getting caught on it unless there is a complaint. I loss more business to illegal cold calling poachers than than to inbound calls to Joe Namath.

Right it will make writing new business much tougher but protect books better . It’s one reason I’m going all out until aep not knowing what the landscape will be next yr . This is only by 3 rd yr doing this so my book not as big as I want yet . But if all this passes new agents will have a super tough time getting going . So at present even if your doing an E-App you don’t have to send in the soa . You can get a paper signed and store yourself . So if CO’s do what you say and make it mandatory to file soa with them first their taking on a roll they never did before

Time to sell,I have my book being evaluated
Right now, total pivot to annuities..and med sups,

It’s one reason I’m going all out until aep not knowing what the landscape will be next yr
Next year is probably going to be a lot like this year. A cluster....

As far as a 48 hr soa, why can't you just email one to your client 72 hours before your appointment? As long as you get it back in time seems like that would work.

Just asking

Next year is probably going to be a lot like this year. A cluster....

As far as a 48 hr soa, why can't you just email one to your client 72 hours before your appointment? As long as you get it back in time seems like that would work.

Just asking

No problem with referrals. But that won’t work with leads .

Time to sell,I have my book being evaluated
Right now, total pivot to annuities..and med sups,

Would be interested to know what type of multiples are being offered for a MA book now and if new marketing regulations are effecting valuations. If i needed the cash i probably would be seriously considering selling now because of all the marketing BS but i ran the numbers and i would do much better to just stop working other than required customer service and just letting my renewals peter out over the next 10 years or so .

Maybe

QUOTE="policywunk, post: 1449449, member: 17668"]Would be interested to know what type of multiples are being offered for a MA book now and if new marketing regulations are effecting valuations. If i needed the cash i probably would be seriously considering selling now because of all the marketing BS but i ran the numbers and i would do much better to just stop working other than required customer service and just letting my renewals peter out over the next 10 years or so .[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back