Anybody out there work for New York Life?

Re: NYL in SC

I had a second interview with the Charleston, SC broker and I am going with NYL. He claims his office is #1 in the country for NYL and judging by all the hardware on the wall, he is probably telling the truth. He is opening an office in Columbia, SC in a prime downtown location. I am very excited to work in this group as my manager seemed extremely knowledgable and motivated during our meetings.
I am an agent here in Columbia SC and I am always looking to network with other agents and share ideas, and meet new people. If you would like to make contact sometime please email me. [email protected]

I am looking for a NYL agent in Northern Ohio GO. Any agent with NYL willing to give advice on the office and the culture?

We are well experienced professionals committed to delivering superior service and guidance when it comes to life insurance, term insurance, term life insurance, whole life insurance, cheap life insurance and others.

I figured that and the thing I get when I go in is that the place is committed to helping you learn and succeed. NYL in the area seems to be a class act and I have liked the partners I met. I am just wondering if they will be right for my clients.

Hi,

I've been considering a switch of career from banking to insurance and I'm thinking of learning the ropes by being a captive agent. I've heard good things about NY Life so this thread has been very helpful. I'm missing the full picture on compensation though. I understand that the first years can be pretty rough financially, so it'd be great to get a better sense of the whole financial picture. I've had a few talks with managers from NY life and others and they make it sound very attractive but what I'm seeing on the forum is that selling life or annuity is becoming increasingly difficult and there has been some strong cuts in compensation.

I've had a hard time to know what kind of compensation I could expect, how much of a product's commission would go to me and the kind of benefit I can expect starting there...
It would be great if you could share you experience or if there are any information or marketing documents that you could share with me, that'd be great.

Thank you very much and sorry for my vagueness, I'm not yet very familiar with the industry but trying to get a sense if I could make a living there (and enjoy a better atmosphere/ethic than at banks... ;) ). Feel free to PM me if that's better!

Andre

Back