Anybody Selling IAC?

People who believe in this kind of coverage believe in it. When you say anything in rebuttal all you get in the equivalent of them putting their hands over their ears; 'la la la la la la la."

A very salient point.

The "conventional wisdom" used to be that clients of Mega/Midwest were excellent prospects - you could show them how shitty and expensive the coverage really was...

Problem is: the majority of people who would buy it in the first place are generally borderline morons, and don't get it.

"You can't fix stupid."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
3X is common. Our Blue in TX is 3X, it is seldom an issue statistically.

This item needs clarification. 3X may be common - in Texas.
Here in Florida, 2X is more common.

Last edited:
you don't see $1 mill per year and a $5 mill per person very often......

and all this is really worth the 10% savings.....and it is an association certificate plan...

00001.jpg

Last edited:
But no one's addressing the $64,000 question: Can you offer your client a better plan than IAC for either the same or even lower rates?

I believe Ryan only wanted us to use three states to pull rates? If that's the case, really - what's the point.

And TX, the lack of coverage for the self-employed drives a stake right through this for me. My policy states I'm covered for anything work related so long as I'm not required to have worker's comp - which I'm not.

Also, I can't find a policy that excludes intoxication. It is not illegal to be drunk. And how does IAC define intoxication? It's an odd clause. I'm in a bar 4 beers down. Fight breaks out and I go to leave but get hit while trying. Not covered?

As Arsenio would put it "things that make you want to say hmmmmmmm"

Last edited:
and all this is really worth the 10% savings.....and it is an association certificate plan...

Still haven't boarded -

Some of those are options that I never recommend - and that 10% is per reduction, not for all of them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And TX, the lack of coverage for the self-employed drives a stake right through this for me. My policy states I'm covered for anything work related so long as I'm not required to have worker's comp - which I'm not.

This is completely false.

There is a separate rider that extends coverage for those not covered by workers comp - for no additional cost. It's literally as simple as checking the box saying they're self employed, sole proprietor etc.

Last edited:

Are you aware Texas is the only state where workers comp is OPTIONAL? God bless Texas!!! I also think this is misunderstood you could ask Ryan for clarification on the self employment issues. I would rather not screw up this answer.

It is not illegal to be drunk.

Thank God - we would all be in jail!!!

I believe Ryan only wanted us to use three states to pull rates? If that's the case, really - what's the point.

He told you three states that they're especially competitive in. Just like any other carrier, in some areas they'll be great and in other areas not so much. It works out great for someone like myself who's running a call center and can generate leads where the carrier is most competitive.

Streamlined application process, excellent support from the carrier, strong portfolio, good financial rating, competitive rates in predictable areas and reasonable commissions all add up to a pretty good situation for agents that can see the situation for what it is. If you're in TX, IAC probably isn't for you at the moment, Ryan gets no points for being direct? For shame!

and whats the filing fee and monthly association dues......
its not the rates....its the plan....its like building Frankenstein....I have a feeling it does not matter what state you are in if you put it all together its going to be expensive...and the thing that red flags me is the life time max......as well as the many other company's they have gone thru in the past....I have already had them CXL a block in the past and will not trust them again.....

If you're in TX, IAC probably isn't for you at the moment, Ryan gets no points for being direct? For shame!

Last edited:
Back