Anyone Ever Reported an Agent?

the client got mad at me because when he told me the agent said that although his statement said he makes 1% (and so did the product info that I showed him) that he was actually making much more than that. I told him, "its not too hard to understand, your statement says you make 1% fixed, and have for 3 years, and the product prospectus says the same thing", he told me "don't tell me what i understand or don't understand"…..so oh well. Im not gonna argue with him after that! He will just learn the hard way when he goes to retire in 10 years and his income isn't sufficient enough to support his retirement...

Some folks just amaze me. I'd use it as a learning experience, for next time.

Maybe reach out to him to try and get him to sign a CYA letter... at least then 5yrs from now you are covered. Who knows, it might open the door back up for you.

Some folks just amaze me. I'd use it as a learning experience, for next time.

Maybe reach out to him to try and get him to sign a CYA letter... at least then 5yrs from now you are covered. Who knows, it might open the door back up for you.

I agree if he is not a client I would call one more time and first apologize and tell him you just need him to acknowledge you explained his policy was paying x and you recommended a change and he is declining and ask him to sign explain it is required by your compliance dept.

You've tied up enough time in this thing. It's painful, but move on...he'll end up wasting more of your time if you let him, or worse, file a complaint with the carrier you represented to him.

At this point he's no longer a prospective client. You told him that he couldn't read, which is probably true, but hard to hear.

Back