Anyone have a sample quote spreadsheet?

Your recommendation should be based on your professional background, experience, and credibility.

If you have to rationalize it, you've made a mistake somewhere further back in the process!

I disagree with this statement when working shared internet leads. They just met you over the phone... Yes, you can build some credibility based on you background, but I would never buy from an agent I've only talked to on the phone without some other type of information (i.e. the rationale for why they showed XYZ plan...). This is an easy way to get an "I want to think about it" response. I normally do a desktop share and show them all the companies, and then narrow it down based upon the benefits they want, underwriting, etc.

There are clients that will buy without additional info, but I only see professional background, etc. being the primary factor with referrals and flipping your existing book.

Not true. Prospects tend to go with name recognition. In my state Aetna has a very powerful name, but very lacking coverage compared to GR.

I love to put GR and Aetna side by side to show that although they have a love-fest with Aetna, that was group. Indie Aetna plans have $5,000 drug caps + $500 drug deductible, lacking therapy and lacking DME compared to GR.

That needs to be side by side or they want Aetna.

...can't find a better way to sell than this - want a HSA? Let's compare. Obviously in MD Assurant smoke's 'em.

Exactly. But if you called up a lead and told them how long you've been in the biz, etc... and then recommended Assurant over Aetna without showing them why, you'd probably hear, "I want to think about it...".

People have to see it to believe it in many cases... Great example John.

Well, there's no way to gauge who you lose - only who you sell. Since it's impossible to ascertain why you didn't close a particular I use everything in my arsenal.

"Could" I lose the occasional sale if I didn't do a side-by-side? Sure.

Agents will say "I don't need Norvax since I'm converting 1 out of 8 leads. Fine, but maybe with them you'll convert 1 out of 7.

I will agree with Paul in the fact that side-by-sides aren't necessary for existing clients that you're flipping and possibly referrals. The trust factor is there...

New agents should be using side-by-sides if they are selling over the phone and using internet leads.

If it has an insurance company's name listed on it, it would have to be approved through the DOI to be 100% compliant (I assume it's similar in other states besides TX).

Here's the downside of homemade spreadsheets IMO. You create a spreadsheet and accidentally list a benefit incorrectly. If they have a claim denial or an issue, they can say the agent made a misrepresentation and they have proof in writing. The other downside is if you list something incorrectly and they come back and say the would have bought one of the other plans if they would have know the actual benefit... All kinds of scenarios that can get you in big trouble with spreadsheets.

Norvax and Quotit outputs have the appropriate disclosures and all link to a copy of the sales brochure. Another reason why it's worth the $100/mo to get Norvax...

Well that makes total sense right there. Guess I'll be buying a quote engine soon. I've heard good and bad about Norvax. One thing that concerns me is that (I've read here) they only quote preferred rates. Is that true?

Well that makes total sense right there. Guess I'll be buying a quote engine soon. I've heard good and bad about Norvax. One thing that concerns me is that (I've read here) they only quote preferred rates. Is that true?

I agree Norvax kicks butt!! If you're a rookie it's a great tool that allows you to learn the plans as you go, and if you're experienced, well, you get the point!

Can you sell without it? Yes. But if it's in your budget, get it!

I agree Norvax kicks butt!! If you're a rookie it's a great tool that allows you to learn the plans as you go, and if you're experienced, well, you get the point!

Can you sell without it? Yes. But if it's in your budget, get it!

It's awesome! I would guess it saves me at least 10 hours per week. IMO, if a new agent can't afford $100ish/month for a quote engine, they probably should reconsider this business.

I just see it as a cost of being a health agent... like my telephone.

It's true that it only quotes preferred rates. Not a huge deal. If there is an underwriting load, just explain it to your customer.

Just another quick tip about Norvax is the "Resources" section in the back office. Every brochure and application for every company you have activated in the quote engine is available in a PDF. These files are also updated automatically by Norvax if the carriers make changes. If you're in multiple states, you have brochures for each state.

PS--I make ZERO if you buy Norvax. I'm just a big fan, and it's way underpriced...

Latest posts

Back