Anyone have a sample quote spreadsheet?

If a new agent can't afford $100ish/month for a quote engine, they probably should reconsider this business.

While I agree, I do feel that the $100 alone is not the issue. It's also a website, a CRM, leads, an auto responder, phone bills, internet access and whatever else that combined can end up costing a nice chunk (monthly) for a rookie agent.

Pick and choose what will really help. You can sell with a phone and computer, pen and paper, people did it before and it can still work until you're making money. I'm not saying it's my preferred method, but less financial stress early on is important to making a career.

Why on earth would you want to give a prospect three different choices?

All it does is confuse the prospect, and make your job harder.

Make a recommendation.

I created a spreadsheet with Excel and show 3 plans:
10-15-20 yr or 10-20-30 yrs. It adds the total premiums by the end of the last term period (20 yrs or 30 yrs) and it really shows the client how much a 10 yr costs compared to a 30 yr. In most cases, the 10 yr is 3-4 times MORE than a 30 yr. In every instance, this picture is worth a thousand words. Everyone wants the 20 or 30 yr. It then is just a matter of fitting it into the budget. If you're worried about compliance, give them a full illustration from the insurance company with the spreadsheet.

I created a spreadsheet with Excel and show 3 plans:
10-15-20 yr or 10-20-30 yrs. It adds the total premiums by the end of the last term period (20 yrs or 30 yrs) and it really shows the client how much a 10 yr costs compared to a 30 yr. In most cases, the 10 yr is 3-4 times MORE than a 30 yr. In every instance, this picture is worth a thousand words. Everyone wants the 20 or 30 yr. It then is just a matter of fitting it into the budget. If you're worried about compliance, give them a full illustration from the insurance company with the spreadsheet.

I think we're talking health, but that sounds like an interesting spreadsheet.

When cross-selling term, I normally just quote them 10 year, and if they bite, I give them some options. I definitely don't over-complicate my term sales and I manage to write $400-500 AV per week.

While I agree, I do feel that the $100 alone is not the issue. It's also a website, a CRM, leads, an auto responder, phone bills, internet access and whatever else that combined can end up costing a nice chunk (monthly) for a rookie agent.

Pick and choose what will really help. You can sell with a phone and computer, pen and paper, people did it before and it can still work until you're making money. I'm not saying it's my preferred method, but less financial stress early on is important to making a career.

A new agent could get by with the following:

1. Norvax - $100ish (Depending on down payment)
2. CRM - Use Broker Office (Norvax) and Outlook or SugarCRM - Free (or relatively cheap if you have to buy Outlook)
3. Phone - $28.95/mo with Vonage
4. Auto-responder - Not necessary (if short on funds, use mail merge)
5. Toll free number - $30/mo
6. High speed internet - $25-50/mo.
7. Website (hosting) - $5/mo - crappy one with Norvax - included with monthly rate

I think leads are definitely based on budget. Any agent buying leads will have the funds to use Norvax.

Basically, to be up an running on the technical side, your monthly expenses are about $200/mo.

There are some one-time expenses such as:

1. E&O - $400-$500 annually
2. Business cards - 500 for $25
3. MS Office/Outlook - $200
4. Norvax setup fee - Varies (up to $350)
5. Web domain - $5-$10 annually

This business is cheap! Once again, leads are optional. If someone is short on money, they should plan on printing flyers and doing B2B or getting on the phone. If someone can afford to pay bill and buy leads (average $1,000-$1,500/mo) for 3 months, they should definitely be buying leads.

Sort of off topic, but not too much. I plan to use a spreadsheet, but I also plan to do all of my marketing through straight ground and pound for the first year or so.

My question is, can you walk into a place, as a newbie, and say, I will get back to you tomorrow? Using a spreadsheet to show the differnce, or is getting back to a prospect the next day way too long?

Why don't you contact HCO about obtaining their spreadsheet...? They are some of the best folks to deal with, and offer great resources, many in addition to the spreadsheet.

Besides, they don't bite....

[email protected]

[email protected]

www.healthchoiceone.com

I don't recommend using even their spreadsheets for presentation to a client. HCO is a fantastic bunch, but if you leave something like this with a client, you're asking for it...

You won't close much business either...

Sort of off topic, but not too much. I plan to use a spreadsheet, but I also plan to do all of my marketing through straight ground and pound for the first year or so.

My question is, can you walk into a place, as a newbie, and say, I will get back to you tomorrow? Using a spreadsheet to show the differnce, or is getting back to a prospect the next day way too long?

Your goal when you initially talk to a business owner is to get an appointment. If the business owner agrees to meet with you, you should gather the info you need to run quotes.

When you go back to see the owner, you should have your quotes prepared and be ready to write business.

Your goal when you initially talk to a business owner is to get an appointment. If the business owner agrees to meet with you, you should gather the info you need to run quotes.

When you go back to see the owner, you should have your quotes prepared and be ready to write business.

That was exactly my plan. I have heard so much of " if I don't get back to them in 10 secs." That is for internet shared leads though, I will create my own leads. I just wanted justification, I guess, that I can say, get back to you tomorrow, with all of the info.

It is my business, so I can do what I want, but I would rather start off in the fast lane. Thanks Josh.

Back