Anyone have some words about Senior Solutions?

SS is a MLM organization just like Aflac, and a few others that hire as many agents as they can, get what business they can from them on the books before they quit due to starvation. The success rate is soooooo low. Maybe they have a cheap J, but they push the Pyramid PFFS plans, which are great until you have a problem and have to talk to Customer Service in the Phillipines, who always tell the problem is fixed, but it Never is...

SS is a great program for the managers. ;)

SS is a MLM organization just like Aflac, and a few others that hire as many agents as they can, get what business they can from them on the books before they quit due to starvation. The success rate is soooooo low. Maybe they have a cheap J, but they push the Pyramid PFFS plans, which are great until you have a problem and have to talk to Customer Service in the Phillipines, who always tell the problem is fixed, but it Never is...

SS is a great program for the managers. ;)

This has been experience with SS as well. They have no right to call their customer service by that name. It is anything but.

And.... the client?:skeptical:

They are a 'sell what you got' organization, not a 'what is best for the client' organization. Anytime you are captive you limit the options you can offer a client, so this is not a criticism of just SS.

I know some of the regional folks. They too are ex Bankers agents and managers. They run a slick organization and they do well for themselves.

The region i was with was great for training, but thats about it. nice guys, but they know you will write and quite and they will get your renewals. like I said most of there % are low some at 10% for med-supps and they get 11% overide on you and your renewals when you leave...they have to recruit at least 2 a month to keep there weekly salary and there overides go to a profit and loss as well as the renewals of there agents and the branches split the profit with there reigion.

If it is true that they require BSM to recruit 2 a month to keep their salary, that just seems appropriate. There is something wrong if the BSM can't recruit at least 2 a month. Should be more like 4 a month to build a good organization from jump. Right now we have 10 agents in our office and none have split yet. However we are a young organization that just started 5 months ago. The goal is to hire, train, build, retain, promote. MLM organizations aren't always illegal in their practices. Some of the well known companies are MLM - AMWAY, Avon, Mary Kay, just to name a few. There are so many others. SS offers mone in your pocket when you are just starting out. Recruiting Bonuses, ADP Bonuses (monthly) instead of quarterly at other companies, First App Bonus. All in addition to the commission schedule. Our organization is not like as captain94 states. They are great for training but they "desire" for you to stay. Our organization desires all agents to write diversified products for client needs. There is no need for an agent to stay with any organization if they are not writing business or they don't believe in the products. They should either be let go or leave themselves. I like the people (from top down), the products, have had no issues with customer service , agent services or underwriting. I realize I am new to this particular organization but so far they have not lead me into something I was unaware of, not lied, not misled or treated unfairly. I believe it all has to do with your BSM and their practices and beliefs.

I just read through the thread and I have to agree with the comment about captive vs. independent. If you're captive, you're doing what's in the best interest of the company, not the client. I worked for UHC as a company rep and it was easy for me to do what was in the best interest of the client when I got paid salary and expenses. If you're captive and on straight commission it can be a bit more challenging to do what's in the best interest of the client, sometimes people like to eat and pay their rent.

When my wife was getting licensed she met a girl that was offered a "management" job as long as she passed her licensing exam. She explained that as soon as she passed the test she would have an office and be selling lots of product using their leads. I'm suspect of how many leads she'd get, but what really confused me was the commission structure. She'd get 50%, but was going to be charged 9% for her cubicle space, phone, etc. Manager making 41% commission on products? That seemed a little low to me. I think that if you're going to go straight commission either go independent or at least go with an agency that is independent and offers reasonable commissions, training, and the ability to sell a variety of products rather than just one.

They are a 'sell what you got' organization, not a 'what is best for the client' organization. Anytime you are captive you limit the options you can offer a client, so this is not a criticism of just SS.

Exactly my point Patch. :yes:

Dan

I just read through the thread and I have to agree with the comment about captive vs. independent. If you're captive, you're doing what's in the best interest of the company, not the client. I worked for UHC as a company rep and it was easy for me to do what was in the best interest of the client when I got paid salary and expenses. If you're captive and on straight commission it can be a bit more challenging to do what's in the best interest of the client, sometimes people like to eat and pay their rent.

When my wife was getting licensed she met a girl that was offered a "management" job as long as she passed her licensing exam. She explained that as soon as she passed the test she would have an office and be selling lots of product using their leads. I'm suspect of how many leads she'd get, but what really confused me was the commission structure. She'd get 50%, but was going to be charged 9% for her cubicle space, phone, etc. Manager making 41% commission on products? That seemed a little low to me. I think that if you're going to go straight commission either go independent or at least go with an agency that is independent and offers reasonable commissions, training, and the ability to sell a variety of products rather than just one.

For someone to go independent right out of the starting gate I think is headed for the pits. Unless well bankrolled, don't expect to survive the first year on commissions. Good advice would be to go captive initially to learn the industry. You won't be able to save the world if you are starving. After getting established (and bankrolled through disciplined savings) then go independent. At that point expect to lose your book of business and start out all over again, but with experience. A license to sell does not mean you will be successful... you need to learn how to sell. If you try to bite off more than you can chew, you will choke.

Good advice retread. Until you find your groove, make a few dozen expensive marketing mistakes and learn to sell you are better off giving part of your commissions to someone to provide support and a safety net. If you are brave, have enough cash to live on AND market with for the first year or so, and are confident in your ability to figure it out on your own, go independent. Oh, and don't forget to tell your wife she can count on NOT getting money in the household bank account for a while.

This forum is going to be an interesting place to watch for the next few months as more lose their jobs and decide insurance is a recession proof industry and a great place to make a killing. NOT. ;)

Back