Anyone have some words about Senior Solutions?

Good advice retread. Until you find your groove, make a few dozen expensive marketing mistakes and learn to sell you are better off giving part of your commissions to someone to provide support and a safety net. If you are brave, have enough cash to live on AND market with for the first year or so, and are confident in your ability to figure it out on your own, go independent. Oh, and don't forget to tell your wife she can count on NOT getting money in the household bank account for a while.

This forum is going to be an interesting place to watch for the next few months as more lose their jobs and decide insurance is a recession proof industry and a great place to make a killing. NOT. ;)

Duly noted... and agreed!:yes:

Their med-sup plans aren't competetive here. I am licensed as an independent with all of their companies and haven't quoted one in 2 yrs. I've had SS agents try and talk by clients out of "F" plans and into their "J" plans. They must teach the "buick vs. cadillac" pitch to their agents because both clients have mentioned that line. If you choose to sell MA (I don't) then I guess they're ok. BTW, it's not OK to madmouth another company in the field no matter what.

Can you clarify, is Senior Solutions/Penn Life a MLM?

If I recall correctly, they call themselves a "Direct Sales" organization. Unless their pay plan has drastically changed, the only way to make good money with them is to recruit other agents and earn overrides.

If I recall correctly, they call themselves a "Direct Sales" organization. Unless their pay plan has drastically changed, the only way to make good money with them is to recruit other agents and earn overrides.

Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. Sounds also a lot like the duck, liberty national/UA, sterling, combined, etc... Lots of 'em out there and the results are the same-- revolving door...

Lines Sr Solutions agents have used on my clients last week -

"You don't want to do business with Family Life because they are owned by Muslims"

"I'm with CMS and I'll be dropping by to get you to sign some paperwork"

"If you sign up with Family Life you might not be covered because doctors and hospitals have never heard of them"

BTW- if you're reading this (conway agents)- I have a signed statement from my client stating that you said these things.

These guys are worse than bankers life down here.

In maryland I know they ARE only good for a free lunch after the monday morning meeting each, they have virtually nothing to offer as far as leads or competitive products.
** the other thing they do is they represent themselves as a strict captive agency but everything thing in all of the contracts states the exact opposite, you are completely free to write with other companies as a career agent with pennlife/senior solutions (univ amer)..

SS/Penn Life recruits agents from Iran. I don't do business with clients that are sworn enemies of America!!!

Back