Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Technically by definition no it is not major medical, no it is not compliant because it is not a guarantee issue you have to qualify for it and much more stable then an indemnity plan

Technically by definition no it is not major medical, no it is not compliant because it is not a guarantee issue you have to qualify for it and much more stable then an indemnity plan
If the standard Premier Choice plan is, for example, either $400/600/700 per day for being in the hospital......how would that not be called an indemnity plan? Maybe you would care to talk about all the ancillary add ons that try to make up for the lack of base coverage in the plan.

If the standard Premier Choice plan is, for example, either $400/600/700 per day for being in the hospital......how would that not be called an indemnity plan? Maybe you would care to talk about all the ancillary add ons that try to make up for the lack of base coverage in the plan.

see the difference is that the hospitalization room and board benefit come from the association not the the core policy itself. the different ancillary add-on's differ from accident protection, critical illness, disability, life, vision, dental. the plan itself is an accident and sickness/disease plan that has the ability to be like a platinum plan with uncapped unlimited coverage for a short term and can be extended but doesn't have to be. when those other health insurance plans require you to meet a large deductible before they cover anything except your basic dr visits or preventative.(which in fact is not free your paying for it with your overly high premiums)

see the difference is that the hospitalization room and board benefit come from the association not the the core policy itself. the different ancillary add-on's differ from accident protection, critical illness, disability, life, vision, dental. the plan itself is an accident and sickness/disease plan that has the ability to be like a platinum plan with uncapped unlimited coverage for a short term and can be extended but doesn't have to be. when those other health insurance plans require you to meet a large deductible before they cover anything except your basic dr visits or preventative.(which in fact is not free your paying for it with your overly high premiums)
so...to make sure I understand....a healthy, fully underwritten person who does not want to pay ACA prices buys your limited benefit indemnity plan and hopes nothing really bad happens. If something really bad happens, the plan is not strong enough to cover it.....but hopefully when he first applied, he checked off a rider box ($?) that says if he really needs major medical insurance, he can invoke the rider clause (you said "has the ability") that allows him to purchase "real" insurance at some possibly prior undisclosed rate, possibly with retroactive premiums to make sure that he is covered for claims already submitted over the last two months but were not covered by the $600/day plan, since he gambled and lost.....but since the "real" insurance is only a short term policy, he will not be renewed and forced to buy an ACA plan during the next open enrollment since he is now likely riddled with pre-existing conditions. Maybe at that time they will pull medical records to make sure he first did not lie/mis-speak on the application before they decide to honor the claim Is that the process you are describing? If so, its like having insurance options in case you need insurance to make up for the first plan you bought.

It is true that most people hardly use their insurance if they are healthy enough to qualify in the first place.....so most people would never find out how good/bad their coverage really is. I never really used mine for 62 years, and then out of the blue ran up about $250K of charges in 5 days...glad I had a $6000 deductible ACA plan at the time. Paid my $6K and never got another bill for the rest of the year with all the follow ups for rehab, etc. Maybe I have no idea how this really works, but I think this is what you said....and if so, it would likely work. I can't imagine explaining that to a potential client. Was I even close? :unsure:

so...to make sure I understand....a healthy, fully underwritten person who does not want to pay ACA prices buys your limited benefit indemnity plan and hopes nothing really bad happens. If something really bad happens, the plan is not strong enough to cover it.....but hopefully when he first applied, he checked off a rider box ($?) that says if he really needs major medical insurance, he can invoke the rider clause (you said "has the ability") that allows him to purchase "real" insurance at some possibly prior undisclosed rate, possibly with retroactive premiums to make sure that he is covered for claims already submitted over the last two months but were not covered by the $600/day plan, since he gambled and lost.....but since the "real" insurance is only a short term policy, he will not be renewed and forced to buy an ACA plan during the next open enrollment since he is now likely riddled with pre-existing conditions. Maybe at that time they will pull medical records to make sure he first did not lie/mis-speak on the application before they decide to honor the claim Is that the process you are describing? If so, its like having insurance options in case you need insurance to make up for the first plan you bought.

It is true that most people hardly use their insurance if they are healthy enough to qualify in the first place.....so most people would never find out how good/bad their coverage really is. I never really used mine for 62 years, and then out of the blue ran up about $250K of charges in 5 days...glad I had a $6000 deductible ACA plan at the time. Paid my $6K and never got another bill for the rest of the year with all the follow ups for rehab, etc. Maybe I have no idea how this really works, but I think this is what you said....and if so, it would likely work. I can't imagine explaining that to a potential client. Was I even close? :unsure:

Your following the clues correctly, so the "upgrade" is not an additional rider, it is part of the policy. Anyone on the plan can upgrade at any point without any additional underwriting. your situation that cost you 250k like you said was only 5 days (there for a short term upgrade would be perfect for the scenario.) the additional riders are for things like Critical illness, or accident protection. Granted yes, if something real severe happens and it then makes you unqualified then yes we put you back on an ACA plan when its available to you (so if you had a heart attack in jan, we will carry you to november to help you transition into an ACA plan. The idea is to take advantage of the policy now while you are young and healthy and if something were to happen that then disqualified you we would put you back in the pool of the rest of the people where you were before our coverage.

It's about time someone stepped up to the plate and called it like it is. Too bad the BBB doesn't run the DOI. Comments are spot on about the ACA penalty misrepresentations.

ALERTS posted on US Health Advisors / Freedom Health by the BBB.
abseal-revoke-270.png

Freedom Life Insurance Company of America | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Alert
BBB found insurance agents associated with USHealth Group, Inc, the parent company of Freedom Life Insurance Company of America, had posted positive reviews on the company's BBB Business Profile. BBB's customer review policy states a reviewer may not have a personal or business affiliation with the business they are filing the review for.

In response to BBB's allegations, the company stated they identified the agents who posted the positive reviews and claimed they were customers of the business.

Pattern of Complaint
Based on BBB files, Freedom Life Insurance Company of America has a pattern of disputes alleging product and contract issues. Consumers allege the insurance agents from Freedom Life Insurance Company of America inform them that certain benefits are available in the plans they select. However, consumers later find out post enrollment that those benefits are not included and are subsequently billed for services they believed were included in their plans. Furthermore, consumers are informed by Freedom Life Insurance of America agents that the health insurance plans they enroll into are compliant with the Affordable Care Act. However, the consumers later find that the plans are not ACA compliant and are fined penalties by their states for not meeting the minimum coverage requirements.

USHealth Group, Inc, Freedom Life Insurance Company of America's parent company, responded to the pattern by refuting the claims made by BBB. USHealth Group, Inc states they have robust mechanisms in place that ensure consumers are well aware of the type of coverage they are enrolling in. Additionally, the business states due to the high number of applications they process the complaint size is too small to be labeled as a pattern and that the increase in the number of complaints correlates with the growth of their business.

For more details regarding disputes received by BBB, please visit the complaints tab of this business's BBB Business Profile.

Latest posts

Back