Anyone Here

Why is it that some parents don't monitor their children when they're on the net. My son's not allowed on the computer unless I'm next to him. Just say'n.

I'm a newbie here but what I find is that about 20% of the responses to any thread are on task the other 80% is useless bickering. Anyone for changing the dynamics?

I'm a newbie here but what I find is that about 20% of the responses to any thread are on task the other 80% is useless bickering. Anyone for changing the dynamics?

I wouldn't call it useless.

Not interested in changing it.

I agree, but if the board owner does not take the lead, this venue will stay the way it is.

I agree, but if the board owner does not take the lead, this venue will stay the way it is.

True.

And because there is no real management of the board in this regard, it prevents others from contributing meaningful information for fear of being critcized and ridiculed for insignificant reasons.

It seems that it always the same immature forum members that impede and detract from a thread they decide to derail.

I have been a member for several months and I get tired of wading through the ridiculous, immature, unprofessional postings these people clog the threads with.

It is a disservice on the part of the owner of these boards to not have the "cajones" to stand up to these fools. It takes more time than it should to find the "nuggets" of meaningful information.

Sorry for my rant, but I've been holding my opinions on this topic back for some time.

Well I came on here to share what works for me and learn from other more experienced agents. I did speak with a few agents belonging to this forum over the phone to share ideas with and that was great. I enjoy getting new ideas and learning from others but the personal attacks are just silly. I have much to learn and plan to be in the game for a long while.

Blessings,
Joe

You keep posting that.

Al, not to start a tirade. However, the owners stepping in is the reason you have toned it down. IMO only.

You have posted some very good information on web and tech issues. However, You have also baited and engaged in that in which you protest the loudest.

I have no fight with you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
True.

And because there is no real management of the board in this regard, it prevents others from contributing meaningful information for fear of being critcized and ridiculed for insignificant reasons.

It seems that it always the same immature forum members that impede and detract from a thread they decide to derail.

I have been a member for several months and I get tired of wading through the ridiculous, immature, unprofessional postings these people clog the threads with.

It is a disservice on the part of the owner of these boards to not have the "cajones" to stand up to these fools. It takes more time than it should to find the "nuggets" of meaningful information.

Sorry for my rant, but I've been holding my opinions on this topic back for some time.

I do not disagree with you that it can get out of hand. However, it would be worst it the owners chose what could be posted. Then it would be slanted to their view.
Independent Agents are Type A Cowboys. Hard to control.

Last edited:
You have also baited and engaged in that in which you protest the loudest.

Well yes, true... no argument. However 99% of the time, over the past four years it was in defense... particularly in defense from attacks made by only a handful of people... most of whom are no longer here. What made it seem offensive is that I always hit back HARDER, much, much harder than I was originally hit.

I agree that I pushed (often tore) the envelope. That was part of my early business socialization process.

When I was in my 20s I worked closely with Ross Perot at EDS. He had a small "team" of young people that he "groomed" for management. He used to lecture us all the time that the difference between EDS and their big competitor Computer Science Corp was all about snakes.

When someone found a snake at EDS, it was killed immediately... with "extreme prejudice!"

But at CSC they first wrote memos on snakes and formed a snake committee.

Then they hired snake consultants and had meetings on snake behavior.

They then wrote position papers on snake eradication alternatives.

When a decision was finally reached on what to do with the snake, there were a dozen snakes in the organization and the procedure was repeated.

Your allegation that I was aggressively defensive in killing the snake is well made, and I agree. However, I'm still here and most of the snakes of the past four years are not, and the few that remain don't bother with me anymore... and as such I have no need to bother with them.

I think it would be best if the board owner had a "no snake" policy, but he runs this board the way HE runs it and since there is no one forcing me to be here, I have no alternative but to watch... along with others who "care" about the venue... the board's signal-to-noise ratio get smaller and smaller.

Perhaps if enough people petition the board's owner for a "no snake" policy, he might oblige. I've not been able to convince him, but I'm just one person out of some 14,000+

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Back