Anyone know about Security National Life?

What false accusations?

Forum ID is the name you go by on the Forum.. Life Underwriter.

You certainly spew the Ramsey line, no matter where you got it.

Yeah, you joined the forum yesterday with the idea you were going to teach us something without knowing anything about who is here.

Even the underwriting advice on at least one occasion was in error. So, contrary to your opinion of yourself, you do not know it all.

Now, think up another juicy name for me. You have hit me with a couple I have never been called. Can't wait to see what is next. :yes:

What underwriting advice did I provide that you do not agree with? You seem to know everything, yet you don't.

False accusations about me and Dave Ramsey, about losing jobs, etc. Why don't you humble yourself a bit and apologize for being a complete asshole?

Unfortunately, you are just a nasty person. I can't sell ice to an eskimo, so no thank you, I have no desire to sell it. I enjoy my job and approving people for policies.

It doesn't matter if you have 30+ years of selling insurance, it doesn't make a vast majority of the stuff that's sold any good and that's usually the fault of the insurance company. Most agents, even those around for a long time, have no idea what they are really selling. Sure, they know the name of the product and a high level overview of it, but not the nuts and bolts of it. I get calls from them just about every day to discuss. There is a big difference between those who sell it and those who underwrite it, no doubt. But we still have to work in conjunction with each other.

Can you get off your internet courage high and just have a normal conversation?
:twitchy::twitchy::twitchy:

What underwriting advice did I provide that you do not agree with? You seem to know everything, yet you don't.

False accusations about me and Dave Ramsey, about losing jobs, etc. Why don't you humble yourself a bit and apologize for being a complete asshole?
Hey buddy...I'm the AssH0le around here, although you seem to be wanting to give me a run for my money. :mad:

Funny that you show up about the same time that *ick disappeared. One assh*le replacing another. Are you really *ick? :twitchy:

I know about all types of life insurance, actually. I've worked for 5 major carriers as an underwriter (not an agent) and have seen and underwritten it all. Probably half the business that comes into my queue is NOT term insurance. I know about Life Insurance, period -- I do not need to go to some other forum to make a contribution.

People here are very hostile, especially the ones that really do not know what they are talking about. Why not try to have a civil conversation and learn something? Ask questions, etc?

You know about a small part of the product not the use. I can put oil in my car. That does not make me an petro engineer or a race car driver.

I did not say leave the forums. I said you could offer info in the Life Forum on this board. Where we may discuss Term.

I have handled several death claims in the past couple of months. People I wrote. People I have spoken to often. I know more about the use and benefits of Life Insurance than you do.

Offer info on underwriting diabetics or CHF and I am all ears.

Last edited:
I know about all types of life insurance, actually. I've worked for 5 major carriers as an underwriter (not an agent) and have seen and underwritten it all. Probably half the business that comes into my queue is NOT term insurance. I know about Life Insurance, period -- I do not need to go to some other forum to make a contribution.

People here are very hostile, especially the ones that really do not know what they are talking about. Why not try to have a civil conversation and learn something? Ask questions, etc?

I respect your expertise. However, your industry expertise makes you & I both overestimate the skill of the average consumer to navigate the shopping, selection of ideal term durations to match their debt & income replacement needs, navigate the UW process & lastly & most of all proper handling of the death claim process. I think many consumers appreciate the assistance of a local agency to be there at the funeral home & after to deliver the check instead of waiting for Zander a thousand miles away on their voicemail system built for maximum sales efficiency, not hand holding locally at claim time. As an Underwriter, you may underestimate the importance of the agent in the claim process at the worst time in most peoples lives

I need humility? If there were ever a case of the kettle calling the pot black that is it.. :laugh:

You came on here, jumped on a post asking about National Security Life making it obvious that even though you know nothing about the company.. You "ASSUME they asking about term even though NSL sells FE, Preneed and annuities.. They do not sell term insurance..

In one post, you made the statement that the amount of insulin did not matter as long as the condition was under good control... That is not true, many companies in the FE and Senior health market will not accept a person that takes over X amount of insulin daily.

You slam agents for selling crap "non term" insurance to make a sale and earn a commission.. But in the same post you say you don't care because it helps pay your salary so how are you any different that the agent?

In the post where you tried to offer advice within your scope of appearance, you first had to slam a guy's grammar even though it looked as though his mistakes might have been more lack of typing skills. Even if he were guilty of using poor grammar, it was necessary to put him down in the manner you used. :sad:

As far as Ramsey goes.. You may not be a disciple but you know the old saying, "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck ... or a darn good impostor.

You belittle anyone who does not agree with your termite ideas and call the products they choose to sell crap which gives people an idea of what you must think of them.

No, I don't know everything.. The difference between the two of us is I am old enough to realize that. :)

I will apologize for the statement "losing" jobs.. I should have said, "left" instead because I have no idea whether you left of your volition or not.

I need humility? If there were ever a case of the kettle calling the pot black that is it.. :laugh:

You came on here, jumped on a post asking about National Security Life making it obvious that even though you know nothing about the company.. You "ASSUME they asking about term even though NSL sells FE, Preneed and annuities.. They do not sell term insurance..

In one post, you made the statement that the amount of insulin did not matter as long as the condition was under good control... That is not true, many companies in the FE and Senior health market will not accept a person that takes over X amount of insulin daily.

You slam agents for selling crap "non term" insurance to make a sale and earn a commission.. But in the same post you say you don't care because it helps pay your salary so how are you any different that the agent?

In the post where you tried to offer advice within your scope of appearance, you first had to slam a guy's grammar even though it looked as though his mistakes might have been more lack of typing skills. Even if he were guilty of using poor grammar, it was necessary to put him down in the manner you used. :sad:

As far as Ramsey goes.. You may not be a disciple but you know the old saying, "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck ... or a darn good impostor.

You belittle anyone who does not agree with your termite ideas and call the products they choose to sell crap which gives people an idea of what you must think of them.

No, I don't know everything.. The difference between the two of us is I am old enough to realize that. :)

I will apologize for the statement "losing" jobs.. I should have said, "left" instead because I have no idea whether you left of your volition or not.

Oh, and you keep breaking the forum.. Before you signed on it had been years since the site went down.. Now, it has been down at least three times in the last couple of days.. ;)

I agree with him. As a life underwriter you can offer informed information on underwriting life insurance.

Thank you very much. Yes, we are intimately aware of various types of policies, etc. You better believe I know the uses and benefits of policies. I've studied this stuff in and out every day of my career.
I respect your expertise. However, your industry expertise makes you & I both overestimate the skill of the average consumer to navigate the shopping, selection of ideal term durations to match their debt & income replacement needs, navigate the UW process & lastly & most of all proper handling of the death claim process. I think many consumers appreciate the assistance of a local agency to be there at the funeral home & after to deliver the check instead of waiting for Zander a thousand miles away on their voicemail system built for maximum sales efficiency, not hand holding locally at claim time. As an Underwriter, you may underestimate the importance of the agent in the claim process at the worst time in most peoples lives

Agents can play a very important role to the general population, no doubt about it. A vast majority of the population knows next to nothing about insurance in general, whether it's life, health, etc.

I'm not opposed to anyone having an agent in the least - I've obtained my own term policies through both Zander and Local Agents. There is also nothing wrong with jumping on a website and getting pricing/quotes, doing a little research and then using a local agent. Do I need help with all the things you mentioned? Absolutely not, but you are correct in that most people do.

What sickens me in my 24 hours on this site is that people think I have no knowledge of insurance when that's what I do for a living, every day, all day. Agents know the product (or should), but I know the products nearly as well as the agents and provide ratings, know laws and regulations and such. I have a wide array of knowledge on life insurance, whether it's Term or Perm.

I also have a background in math/finance and no one will never be able to convince me that anything other than Term is acceptable in 99.99% of circumstances from a mathematical stand point. Most true financial advisors (not agents selling it) agree with me on that. Now, I'm not telling anyone what to do - agents on here should do whatever it is they want and make their clients happy. As the saying goes, you do you. But don't tell me I don't know about life insurance or products.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
Back