Anyone know how to buy a dual eligible list?

Yeah... well ..just found out today my client was called by 2 or 3 different call centers for Med Advantage, and she is on DNC.

One was insureme.com. Another used special needs approach. And then there was the MOO call.

That has to be one of the dumbest rules in govt. history.

It is true you can cold call but YES you are also NOT supposed to call a referral.

HUHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!:err:

Referral programs are covered on 119-120. You can't ask for a phone number of a referral. You can ask for a name and address. I suppose you could look up their number and call them as long as they weren't on the DNC list and you followed the other cold calling rules (this may be a little dicey). However, it sounds like CMS wants you to mail the referral at that point.

If you can cold call anyway if they aren't on the DNC list, I'm not sure what the difference is getting their name from a client versus picking up the same info from a scrubbed list?

Oddly, you can give them a nominal gift, you just can't tell them about it in advance! Fun stuff!

Effective May 12, 2008, WellCare will only compensate producers for Duet sales in Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Ohio, Utah, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia.

Something to consider...:swoon:

Once you have the list, how do you contact the people? You can't go knocking on doors nor cold calling for MA plans.

So, what good is the list?

You can call on the phone and set an appt. If you couldn't contact anyone "cold" by phone, mail, or internet there would be no need for a salesman. I believe the "cold call" is referring to showing up at the door w/out an appt.

You outline a problem I have tried to address many times. The use of the term "cold calling" means different things to different people.

CMS regulations speak specifically against "door to door" solicitation. Well-meaning insurance agents translate that into what they perceive as "cold calling", when there are other marketing stategies that also come under the rubric of "cold calling". So they broaden the regulation, which is self-defeating. Stick to the regulatory language: no door-to-door solicitation.

Telemarketing "cold" actually is encouraged by CMS if you read the regulations the way they are meant to be read. They even provide the rules for this by mandating an approved script.

Back