Anyone tried Sales Genie? Saw them on the Super Bowl.

Mike_Golden1 said:
By the way, I had someone telemarket a Turning 65 list (500 names) provided by one of my carriers from their policy owners list. All we asked was whether they would be interested in receiving information. We got a 10% response for information. It was sent earlier this week so I have no data for how many sales. At an average of $250 commission per Med Supplement (and $125 for renewals, which essentially are for a lifetime), anything above 5 sales would be good return, I have about $200 invested in this since the list was free.

By the way, does anyone know about Med Supplements where the commission rates are higher than 12% first year and 6% renewal? Don't call me dumb, by the way, that's just Mutual of Omaha's in house rate and I know I can do better. It's just not worth researching until I see if it is a market I want to pursue.

Mike, where are you located? 12% & 6% are horrible commissions. At the very least, you should be getting 15% for the first 6 years and 7%-8% for years 7-10.

I have used Sales Genie for over a year, and highly recommend it.

Yes, it does cost more, that's because it is the cleanest data around without question.

You can slice it and dice it (including selecting less than nine employees) any way you like.

Well worth the cost.

If the question is, is Sales Genie worth the extra cost in this case I betcha you can get by on the $90 limited subscrition, lets face it you will not need things like credit scores. Since DM is somewhat expensive I would think if one has more confidence in their information being accurate the extra cost is nominal and one should purchase it. That is if they feel or for some reason think the list will be more accurate. Now if this is for telemarketing than it probably really doesn't matter at all.

Guess you can blame me. I asked if sales genie was any good

The only reason I asked is saw it during Super Bowl. By the way, John is a great guy. I contacted him via email asking for help a couple of days ago. He responded quickly to my email and gave me a number to call him. I talked with John on the phone for over an hour and also asked follow up questions which he responded quickly. John thanks a lot. I an very excited to try this. It has to be a lot better than mortgage protection! I appreciate all the help!

PS: When you make out the check it is Gary with one R.
Just kidding!
Thanks

This topic has become way too personal. We do NOT have to agree with everything that other do, but it is bad form and I will be deleting any posts that are too personal.
Come on guys, we can do better!

Sam and I have just edited this entire thread. There will also be no more personal attacks on this board - from me or anyone. It what keeps new people from posting. The new rule will be "take it outside" - so if you anyone has something to say to someone that doesn't relate to the topic, just send a PM.

sman said:
Mike_Golden1 said:
By the way, I had someone telemarket a Turning 65 list (500 names) provided by one of my carriers from their policy owners list. All we asked was whether they would be interested in receiving information. We got a 10% response for information. It was sent earlier this week so I have no data for how many sales. At an average of $250 commission per Med Supplement (and $125 for renewals, which essentially are for a lifetime), anything above 5 sales would be good return, I have about $200 invested in this since the list was free.

By the way, does anyone know about Med Supplements where the commission rates are higher than 12% first year and 6% renewal? Don't call me dumb, by the way, that's just Mutual of Omaha's in house rate and I know I can do better. It's just not worth researching until I see if it is a market I want to pursue.

Mike, where are you located? 12% & 6% are horrible commissions. At the very least, you should be getting 15% for the first 6 years and 7%-8% for years 7-10.

Florida, where the Medicare supplement commissions are lower-Mutual's commissions for the same plans in many states is 18 and 12

I have done several things with testing sales genie as well as contacting them. I do not subscribe however as the cost is too high.
They do have a service where you don't have to click on each name but, you must have a salesgenie subscription first then pay 10 cents per name to do a group batch download. Minimum is 5000 per months so that means you spend about $150 for sales genie plus another $500 for 5000 names. Just too expensive for most average agents. A large agency might benefit.
Jen (uandiwin)

Back