Anyone work for Allstate or Family First Life?

llwasilk

I am looking at either working for Allstate as a Market Sales Associate or I have been looking at selling life insurance for Family First Life.

I want to hear about peoples experiences working for these companies.

I am trying to look for a stay at home job that is in the insurance industry as I worked hard for my insurance licenses. Don't want them to go to waste.

You will learn P&C products with All-State but you won't sell Life. You will earn a salary and a portion of the commission that the agent earns IF you reach certain quotas ( 10% of his 10%). You will learn the business of insurance and the frustration of working for a captive because your rates won't compete

From everything I've seen on here, FFL is one of the worst decisions you can make.

As far as captive carriers, from my experience here in Ca and on the forum, Allstate is just about the worst captive you can go with.

For both those reasons, I would expect they are hard selling the opportunity even more, since they of course have to.

Basically, what @Todd King said.

Look up KSutton here on the forum. He’s building in training a group of people to sell from home under the Jeff Root agency. That’s a quality agency and Ken is a good guy.

Any agency that recruits heavily like FFL is usually not going to be a good experience. It’s multi-level recruiters and a lot of over promising and under delivering.

Back