• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Appealing Part D late charge

No ones is listening @LostDollar. I've found your posts and inquisitiveness amusing over the years, but this is coming across as some kind of mental break and I'm concerned.

Let it go.

Any experience with long term prior creditable coverage proof?
The client has retired into their 70's. the span of time for creditable coverage will include the first 4 of 12 years ago, when the first employer went out of business. The client doesn't have a record of the insurer. They have a letter from the PDP carrier with the appeal application attached.
Try this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Get client to point where they have a MyMedicare account.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caveats for presence of carrier name in MyMedicare account.

If client has a Part A effective date at age 65 (i.e. Part A effective date preceding all or some of the coverage period of the EGH for which the carrier name is missing);

and

That first EGH plan was a large employer EGH plan (we know the 4th EGH plan was a large employer plan, the post does not indicate whether the others were)

or

The first EGH plan was a small employer EGH plan with claims filed against it, there is a very good chance the carrier name client does not have is listed in his MyMedicare account.

If the first EGH was a small employer EGH with no claims against it, it may not have met any mandatory reporting requirements and the carrier name may not be shown in the MyMedicare account.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steps to access data in MyMedicare account.

LogIn.

On welcome screen go down to "Your Plans".

At the bottom of that box, there should be a small box that says "Review Plan History"

Scroll down through the list.

Subject to caveats above, That list should show Carrier Names and Dates of service for all previously held Health Coverage plans since the Medicare Beneficiary's Part A effective date -- INCLUDING EGH COVERAGE.

I think there is a good chance your client's "missing" carrier name will show up there.

-----------------------------------------------------

When I first stumbled on this in my data 4-5 years ago, it showed Carrier Name, dates of coverage, and a contract or plan number. In the intervening time, the contract number information has been removed and only the carrier name and dates of coverage are shown.

I did not know this data existed when I did my Part D attestation with SilverScript, but had I known it was there and needed to do so, I could have done my Part D attestation with SilverScript by just printing the EGH portion of the list and reading down it to the SilverScript CSR.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you choose to test this out, I would ask that you extend me just one courtesy.

Post back and state whether or not it was helpful to your client. I can see only one person's data. I have no way to do any testing to see if the concept will extend to other MB's MyMedicare files, or whether, for some unknown reason, my file is a one person aberration.

Hope this helps, and thanks.

No ones is listening @LostDollar. I've found your posts and inquisitiveness amusing over the years, but this is coming across as some kind of mental break and I'm concerned.

Let it go.
Nope.

Links I cited above show this data does exist in Medicare files. I don't have the reading comprehension and attention span anymore to read them carefully, but the scanning I did and the quotes I displayed show exactly why this data is in Medicare (not SS ) files and why, by extension, Part D attestation data might be able to be found in a person's MyMedicare files.

My personal data shows it probably exists in MyMedicare files.

When I first discovered this 4-5 years ago, I was persona non-grata on the forum, hammered from all quarters, and very uncertain about things and when I made a suggestion about it in either a Part B or Part D LEP thread, I was very, very hesitant in my manner and my comment was totally ignored. (I know, bad run on sentence.)

I now have 6 years of forum membership and am more confident in what I am doing with this particular idea. I am going to push presenting it.

I was very, very sad when you took the time to call me out in a post a year or two ago. (Note; NOT angry, just sad.) It showed me a reason that I can probably never be an effective Medicare counselor or agent, even if I was able to remember all the (great) training you, and others here, have given me. I also have attention span problems and given a posed situation I get focused on one point and forget about all the other factors I should be considering. That was clearly the case in the situation where you chided me about my post. I don't think that is true here.

And this has the potential, if people would listen to me, to help an MB get out of a PDP LEP.

I have decided that I had approached presenting this in a wrong way and in pushing for help and demanding actions, I made it about me rather than the use of the tool. I have deleted a bunch of posts and started over.

I am presenting information that is not dumb or ill-informed. You, yorkriver and other agents can use it or not as you see fit.

And for your own personal information, even though I can't remember all the stuff you have told me, I am very appreciative of the efforts you have taken with me to educate me on some of the finer points of Medicare.

Regards
LD

Back